• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Longer flight time for the DJI Phantom..

ibo

Have added the extra batt for longer flight and extra height (fingers crossed)

005_zpsc5e82e99.jpg

Edited by ibo

Specific to the phantom Hebby ? Or just any batt tray modded to fit ?

Yeah mate pretty sure it's specific :-/ loads of stuff appearing for the phantom these days :-)

Or do what some others have ;-) strap the lipo to the side with some elastics :-)

Have added the extra batt for longer flight and extra height (fingers crossed)

005_zpsc5e82e99.jpg

Nice ... How's the flight times working out with the extra battery set up ?? Edited by S40bul

Havent had time to test yet my soulmate is in hospital..

Not so good champ ....keep us posted once back in the air ...

Back to the drawing board with this one,very unstable with the extra batt you cant see it on the vid but the skids were vibrating like hell,full throttle on the stick and it did climb but very very slow landing was no better very heavy  indeed,I think you would get the extra run time 14 mins I was up to (still at green) when I called it a day,perhaps bigger props I dont know will have a look at the options..

Up the gains in Naza pal cos if you added more weight you need to add extra lift gain ;-)

Can't remember but im pretty sure you need to up the vertical gain to around 150% or if its at 125% already up it to 175% ;-) have all my gains set at 150% :-)

Edited by hebby

Up the gains in Naza pal cos if you added more weight you need to add extra lift gain ;-)

Can't remember but im pretty sure you need to up the vertical gain to around 150% or if its at 125% already up it to 175% ;-) have all my gains set at 150% :-)

When you say all your gains is it Pitch,Roll,Yaw,Vertical or is it just Vertical ?

Have put 150% on all the gains and even reset the IMU it was way out.....

Edited by ibo

• 3 years later...