• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wots people views on AoWei 1/5th Scale 26cc

Jamma119

don't bother with a yama, they're pretty terrible

if you're looking for a budget 1/5 then check out the King Motor baja's, they're excellent for their money and all HPI baja parts are compatible 

• Like 1

Hi,there has been a few posts on here,as regards that make,not many very good ones,not had one myself,but it seems they are not up to much,and not many upgrades are available.

Try doing a search on the forum for the various posts on them,.

Goldman :030:  PS you spell wot how yoo wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack a thread but why does everyone comment on spelling etc.

It really is sad and pointless.

Any way back on topic I would stick with km, fg etc quality of the plastics are a lot better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Spelling as stated above!!!!!,as for a make,FG are good,but so is the price,saw a KM last week,they look good,but not had one,a few on here do.

Goldman :030:

if the company spent more time on R&D, 

better materials , better quality tooling, and quality control

they could have something fairly marketable , i say fairly because cost needs to be low but

quality high .

i do not own one neither driven one, i would rather drop  the engine into a boat personaly .

but it could have something going, its how the company that makes them moves towards better quality and materials used.

more R&D not just copy this that and every other thing. 

parts need to be cheap and ready available on market in both eastern and western countrys

throw all the above together you have one fairly awesome cheap but quality 1/5th scale, 

above all cheap but quality materials and research design

You are calling me sad for not wanting the language I love to be befouled by people who "can't be bothered" or are too uneducated to care, if you enjoy it when someone says to you:-

"Yo bruv I hav posterd ur car init"

Then that's fine, everyone has something that bothers them, not being able to read a post....key point of a forum don't you think? Reading? That's why numerous people on here mention spelling, more to the point so many browsers do a spell check for you so it's a added layer of laziness.

Sorry to hijack a thread but why does everyone comment on spelling etc. It really is sad and pointless. Any way back on topic I would stick with km, fg etc quality of the plastics are a lot better. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's not unfounded opinion. I haven't owned one but seen them (they look ****) and known many people who have owned and broke them (they are built like ****).

I wasn't singling anyone out, or having a go. I was pointing out that I had, ran and upgraded one a lot. It's all detailed in the thread and is there for all to see, based on my experiences and not on what's been heard or observed in passing.

You are calling me sad for not wanting the language I love to be befouled by people who "can't be bothered" or are too uneducated to care, if you enjoy it when someone says to you:-

"Yo bruv I hav posterd ur car init"

Then that's fine, everyone has something that bothers them, not being able to read a post....key point of a forum don't you think? Reading? That's why numerous people on here mention spelling, more to the point so many browsers do a spell check for you so it's a added layer of laziness.

Not getting in to it but you know what the person was saying (writing) so why bother to bring it up?

Uneducated?

Some people struggle with reading and writing even with spell check is it right to mock them?

You don't know who is on the other side of the keyboard that's all I'm saying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I wasn't singling anyone out, or having a go. I was pointing out that I had, ran and upgraded one a lot. It's all detailed in the thread and is there for all to see, based on my experiences and not on what's been heard or observed in passing.

Sorry, just read my post back and realised I sounded a bit of a dick. Each to their own. I wouldn't own one, but there's plenty of people out there who wouldn't be me too! I would say though, if you can afford to spen more a KM or HPI sold serve you better.

• Like 1

I have a yama buggy and a marder and apart from changing the carb for a 668 the only things to fail were things you would expect to fail on all cars of this ilk

I didnt pay full price for it but to be honest its not a bad entry level unit

I apologise for any spelling or grammatical errors

I was tempted to buy two of thease myself before I came across the Punishers,cars that cost a fair bit more do have bad points,so as said,for the price,it does seem a good starting point,Richarddenton1982 did a post on the one he had,it ,this was in great detail,so worth a read for anyone thinking of buying this make,it depends how hard you bash it,and also some may well be better put togeather than others,that was the same with the two Punishers I bought,one had a fair few probs.

Goldman :030:

Anything can have problems, but something as simple as putting a performance exhaust on, I'm pretty sure it's not possible on the Yama with how the engine is mounted stupidly.

I remember Richard had a load of trouble trying to sort one and in the end he just had an extended piece of steel tubing from the looks of it, not exactly great added performance and looks horrible as well.

Seriously, if it was my money I'd buy a brand new KM... But I'd love to have a go with a Yama, just to see for myself how weak they are.

• Like 1

I don't have one but bash with a few people that do. and I've never known one to last a hour without breaking. and they are butt ugly imo lol.

My boy wanted one till he see how much work they need.thank god he got a baja 5t in the end as i don't think i could afford the repair bills after every run,  

My dads got a yama buggy an overall i think they pretty good cars and strong aswell , dads crashed it a few times into curbs and stuff and its held up perfectly , and ive got the km and i replaced alteast 6 plastic parts in the space of 3 weeks hub carriers ,arms, shock towers,

My dads got a yama buggy an overall i think they pretty good cars and strong aswell , dads crashed it a few times into curbs and stuff and its held up perfectly , and ive got the km and i replaced alteast 6 plastic parts in the space of 3 weeks hub carriers ,arms, shock towers,

Curbs isn't really viable as a strength test, unless it's a massive one.

Send it over some jumps, I bet it's not complete for long.