• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

You need to get them to about 650c them let them cool down in the powder. Do it as many times as you want to put a thicker "case" on them. To much will make them brittle though

only got a blowtorch so not sure it will get to that sort of temperature!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just blown the stock combo in the blitz. Hoping it just needs a recalibrate but atm no movement. Fan starts up on the esc and the servo turns left and right but no forwards or backwards. Tracks a bit muddy and wet so I may have fudged it....

I had this issue with mind the stock emh3s ESC is ment to be water proof but its not very.... Best thing to do is disconnect the fan if possible remove from car and dry out on a radiator... Once dry rebuild and recalibrate.. Also make sure you dry/ get water out out the motor. I got loads in mine... To the point I blow hard into the motor output shaft end hard and managed to force water out the wires... The same the other way around. Even then the motor siezed up and I had to strip it down and try and free up the bearings it should come back to life when it's all dried out OK. Mine is in my new Sakura d4 drifter work great..

Good luck

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a Blitz while the forum was down :) I'm loving it so far, although the parachuting effect could get old fairly quickly!IMG_20151016_152153_zpspvhwfnzt.jpgawesome pics!

Suppose you'll be checking out the blitz thread now?

Edited by Leo Best

I ran the Blitz with no shell today just to see how it handled and I can honestly say it out performed my Firestorm. There's one particular jump where no matter what I do to the suspension, the Firestorm kicks forward but the Blitz jumped it at full throttle straight and true. With the shell on it's a different story, the Firestorm takes it every time when it comes to jumping.

While the forum was down I ordered new outdrives and dogbones. They'bw gone in without hardening this time. I want to make a note of how many packs before change and I'll do the same with some I'll harden at work. Proper test like. I'll make a note of temps and method for hardening if anyone's interested.

Also made a new esc mount. At work atm so this is the only pics I have. Will take more when I get home later

d1b9893f24f86004f773d79fa7d59b7e.jpg

398ddcdcbd0ce16dadf0a405e059ca04.jpg

Bashed the Blitz on 2 and 3s today and it didn't miss a beat. I'm slowly getting used to it's quirks, replacing the windows with wire mesh has almost completely eliminated the parachuting and added some strength to the beat up shell.

• Like 1