• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to Drifting in RC form.

Unique1

lol, I think I will, but not the R version, I'm thinking about going for the focus as I can get it for £63 (i DONT like the body, but I dont care, I'll get satisfaction when I crash while learning rofl ) and adding a Carson Upgrade kit. The add some HPI drift tyres (expensive :( , I want a constant set-up, depends on pipe availability where i live) and adding a nice body (not sure which one yet, maybe a yokomo silvia s15 :good: )

I just love the way the HPI looks :confused:

I'm pretty sure on the tamiya though.

tell you what iam no drifter but with the TA-05 in the rite hands this car can keep up with some of the xrays out there and is amazing racer as i have one myself.

but a TT-01 my mate had the problem of broken hubs and dog bone problems when he had his so i told him scrap it and get something more like a TL-01 which in my mind is a better car than the TT-01

• 2 weeks later...

Mtroniks colts are rubbish, they may look good but you will be very hard pressed to find parts.

I have a HPI Sprint2 (normal version) in nearly new condition which i am selling, i can sell it with electronics or without, have tons of spares for it, some hop-ups and some bodyshells that can take some abuse. It includes a set of HPI Stage-d wheels and tyres, which is the only difference between the normal and the stage-d version of the sprint2.

Take a look

Let me know if you're interested! :good:

Hiya

I'll add my two pennies for what it's worth.

I'd get a HPI micro RS4, some drift tyres and the drift assist gizmo! and the solid front axles,

or buy the complete drift version, the chassis is a peach and you can easily switch between the drift or race specs, thats the route i would go down!

ttfn

• 2 months later...

i just got a TT01 calsonic skyline (r34) and its is brilliant for me because i just wack it down on the road outside and its usaly abit damp so me back end get's out and its ace i got stock everything exept for the propshaft i upgraded that and it seemed to help it alot (much better response) i got it for £60 posted off ebay (it was a english seller) and i had to assemble it but its well worth it and if ur scared about assembling it, i shouldn't be, i found them realy clear and simple even for a dumbass like me :D but yeh i reccomend a tt01 from my point of view and my brother has a tb02 but the diff's are gone on them and he is struggling too find parts for it. so i wouldn't go near a tb02 from my veiw :D

all i need now is some pvc tires and i'm ready too drift its as simple as that :D

hope this helps

vinnie

merry christmas :)