• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E6000 same as Shoe Goo?

locky

I use E6000 to bond my tyres onto the rims.

Its VERY STRONG!

I was tired of using superglue for the MCD chevron MT tyres on the alloy wheels of my 18kg FG MT, only for them to break under load - spinning, braking, bashing - which the superglue - I tried many - couldn't take.

Its a contact adhesive that needs to be held firmly in place, so I used larger cable ties through the holes in the alloys, over the tread whilst bonding.

I removed a few the following morning, then all the next - 48 hours.

I took it out, and have done everything I possibly can to break them off in 'normal running' and they're still 100% - 1000x better than superglue.

Shoogoo is great and is supposed to have a similar refractive index to the Lexan - so it's near invisible.

Might be the same for E6000, but the E6000 is definitely a much stronger adhesive.

I was tired of kids knocking the mirrors off my Juggernaut, so used the E6000 to bond them onto the bodywork - won't 'break' off now.

It is apparently sensitive to UV light and petrol.

The beauty with the tyres, despite being very strong, is that it's flexible - it'll give a little, which superglue won't.

I'm a big fan of E6000.

Despite all of the 'STRONG', 'TOUGH', and whatever other comments, if you pull long and hard enough, stretching it way beyond what would be normal, it will 'tear' off - so it can be removed.

Best part is - no, not the sniffing, but it is VERY STRONG SMELLING so keep in a well ventilated area - is how easy it is to roll off the excess, off your hands, bodywork, etc.

If it 'bulges out', simply pull slightly and cut off, like rubber.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

My kitchen door was solid wood very heavy fire door. Its top hinge kept pulling its screws out. The land lord kept putting longer screws in. Even though i said LOOK the frame is ruined no screw will hold. Still used longer screws. It fell again after 6in screws. 

So i smeared e6000 on the frame and door hinge and wedged the door underneath to hold it up until dry. That door never fell again. It was the top hinge too.