• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Overwhelmed for Choice - Need Experienced advice please

Sk8inDuck

I have a Tamiya Datsun 240z TT-01E that needs to be kitted out with an ESC, a transmitter, and a reciever.

I'm using the stock motor that comes with the kit, a Ni-MH SC1800mAh 7.2V battery and a Hitec HS-311 Standard Servo.  

I simply want a good, reliable combination of the three, that works with what I've got, isn't hugely expensive, and isn't too difficult set up.

For the ESC a built in BEC would be preferable.

Please suggest some stuff, or tell me if there is easier more reliable alternatives that reqire to purchase additionals, such as a different motor.

Thanks chaps.  :thumbsup:

Just have a look on MS's website, I like the Mtronics/Modelsport ESCs myself. Controllers are a personal choice, if you can try a few in your hands for comfort, 2.4Ghz is the way to go.

You may need a different servo or a new arm for it. Tamiya kits don't come with a 24t servo arm or saver to fit Hitec servos. (I found out the hard way and smashed a Wild Dagger into a kerb.

Edited by tonysmini