• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Biggest wheels for 17mm hex fitment

spinksy

Me and my mate at work who has an MT2 (which he's just put a .18 engine in), love going off roading with our cars - and yesterday we got talking about how bigger wheels we could put on our cars for off roading (just for a bit of fun).

Now his being an MT2 has 12mm hex fittings for the wheels and he managed to find some huge wheels that would fit his (think they were 150mm or something like that) - but for my Pulse with 17mm hex I couldn't find that many big wheels that would fit.

Anybody know of any massive wheels that would fit?

Yeah....IMEX Jumbo Kongs

Just don;t expect your car to actually be able to drive with them fitted :)

Found this pic of a set fitted to a Savage....

512_savage.jpg

I use IMEX tyres on my twin engined Savage, but not hte Kongs....they are really too big and unwieldy to be used in anger. They are just for show!

Me and my mate at work who has an MT2 (which he's just put a .18 engine in), love going off roading with our cars - and yesterday we got talking about how bigger wheels we could put on our cars for off roading (just for a bit of fun).

Now his being an MT2 has 12mm hex fittings for the wheels and he managed to find some huge wheels that would fit his (think they were 150mm or something like that) - but for my Pulse with 17mm hex I couldn't find that many big wheels that would fit.

Anybody know of any massive wheels that would fit?

ofna pirate wheels...I think I have some knocking about..

they have a huge offset so the whole wheel is extra width....

http://www.ofna.com/tires-monster.html#pirate

bottom left of that page...I run them on my monster and they are awsome...if you are running brushelss...beware....tape and strap them externally (fishing wire)