• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

FWIW, I just had one of these arrive today, an EMB-1H from Hong Kong. I was looking around on the web when on hols this year for a 1/14th scale brushless RTR that was cost effective as a basher, and the mini 8ight seemed the obvious choice but I found quite a few good reports on the EMB-1H and the nice alloy chassis, shock mounts, and anodised metal shocks won it for me. I don't think the "OEM" versions have those so I ordered direct. I have a Himoto Spinon (basically an Ion XB brushless RTR) which is working well but its just a bit small for off road - when I got my daughter a Carisma Gt14B sport I realised the 1/14th scale works veru nicely off road while still being pleasingly compact. I considered a GT14B pro or GTB, but really wanted brushless. 

First impressions, after hashing up a connector to 3.5mm as both my 2S lipo packs are mini-tamiya connectors - is that the EMB-1H is seriously quick for the money for a RTR car, the dampers are very well judged and its really stable - though will obviously spin out easily on the power if not careful on tarmac (which is a bit of a PITA with the Spinon, this is better). ESC and steering are well judged out the box as well - the Spinon has a very slow throttle response which I need to fiddle with some time. 

Overall, seems superb for the money and the metal bits make it feel very good quality. 

Beginning to think the hex wrench set I got is crap (Dynamite) the 2mm one has rounded off slightly because its a sloppy fit in the screw, Ive rounded the heads of the 2 screws that go though the top deck into the motor mount Grrrrr only wanted to check they had thread lock on They did lol Looks like I'm going to have to drill them out, hate doing that, anyway what's a decent wrench set 1.5 2.0 and 2.5mm what are you guys using ?

Beginning to think the hex wrench set I got is crap (Dynamite) the 2mm one has rounded off slightly because its a sloppy fit in the screw, Ive rounded the heads of the 2 screws that go though the top deck into the motor mount Grrrrr only wanted to check they had thread lock on They did lol Looks like I'm going to have to drill them out, hate doing that, anyway what's a decent wrench set 1.5 2.0 and 2.5mm what are you guys using ?

I had good luck with a torx driver on the rounded heads, it still had good grip on them. It us worth a try before drilling them out, or try a special tool for striped screw heads.

Thanks guys Aroowmax ordered, I am hoping they will go into the Dynamite handle. Those 2 screws are well and truly in I did get a good purchase on them before the heads went, they must have got a double dose of locktite, I'll try a torx driver before I drill, I'm going to end up having to get a new top deck because I think I will have to heat the screws to melt the locktite. There is no rush for me at the moment. Is it worth getting a Driven Productions cf top deck If I do end up having to replace it ?

lc carbon deck is worth it.

Though u kinda need the plastic section u are gonna melt in order to have a spur cover.  8mm screws instead of 6mm (allowing for plastic) work a treat.

LC carbon top deck ordered and a new plastic one to get the spur cover off it. Mental way of doing it I know lol i am bound to bugger up the plastic one thats on there now trying to get those screws out, for

Edited by Fontie

I bought another kit from germany in october last year.  The screws were superior.

Trouble is no one knows if the stock screw bag includes them or not.      I have asked extensively :(

No supplier that I know has run out of stock of the screw bags, so old stock is likely to turn up if u order it.

I will reopen my emails and ask again ;)

Speaking of Tx, the replacement arrived from Germany yesterday and a lot better packaged than originally. If anyone wants the springs out the old broken one, let me know and I'll post them out to you. Considering the old one was held together with duct tape round the grip, it's done quite well !

I got the springs this morning, Thank you so much its appreciated.

Edited by Fontie

Hi

I finally bought an EMB-1 buggy. I've been looking around for CF parts and it seems SOS aren't trading anymore. Their website isn't available. I think they did a CF steering drag link to fit the emb-1. Does anyone know if its available anywhere?

Also has anyone tried fitting the RPM front bumper for the Mini8 (link below) on an EMB-1? It looks like it might fit.

http://www.jemodels.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=MLOSP-RPM73022

Also phat bodies are out of stock on everything. Anyone know if they're still producing body shells?

Thanks in advance

Edited by mattosan

Sos have a thread here might be worth asking them about the link

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forum/155-secrets-of-speed/

The rpm bumper i would honestly give a miss, i had one on the mini 8 and thought it was good until i bought t-bones that are far better than the rpm but i still have the bumper i will check if it fits if you want to go for that.

Si

Well I got mine, impressed with how solid its built. Diffs leak a little bit with the grease I got that shouldn't be a problem.

Already went on a spre and got

Thumbs alloy chassis

Thumbs front & rear carbon shock towers

Thumbs carbon top deck

Thumbs Crush tubes

Hobbywing 60amp speedo

Two turnigy lipos

Spring kit

Alloy hexes

Rpm ball cups

1/10th rear wing

New bearings all round

& new wheels n tyres

Only thing I really need to sort out now is a servo and I'm done really.

Anybody recommend anything else that would help?