• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

Does anyone know if there are stronger Outdrives for these?, when I had it stripped down las night I noticed they have worn a fair bit.

Fair enough, it’s been getting a fair bit of use, they aren’t expensive, perhaps as these grow in popularity again someone might make some.

12 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

My original kit one raced week in week out for 18mths on one set and weren't badly worn at all.  That was on high grip carpet too.

It probably get used 4/5 times a week, driven on grass mostly and flat out, definitely some wear, you can see where the dog bone pins have deformed the out drive.

Another question, I have the 10bl60 ESC, and it is set on the recommended settings, are there any changes to make, such as punch or LVC?

Punch is personal taste, slipper will protect the driveline.  LVC on hobbywing's is typically conservative - so won't hurt to drop it to 3.2v if you can (and your not running poor lipos).

Hi,

after seeing @Ag100 car I ordered a kit For one. Should arrive in August. I have read that the differentials leak. Is that still the case? Are there any easy fixes? Or any upgrades one should do out of the box?

i am really looking forward for my first build. 

• Like 1

I have read this too, not sure really, when I built mine I didn’t put enough diff oil in, so I had to refill, I’m using 5000cst in mine (front and back).

Worth nothing, the kit doesn’t come with any fluids (Diff or shock oil) so you will need to get that separately.

A few on here including me run these batteries:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack.html?queryID=d3606456cc964da2d66c9598787fe2c7&objectID=30638&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

DMS sell a really good hardcase one:

https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=28650&virtuemart_category_id=15

enjoy the build, which version did you go for?

1 hour ago, Ag100 said:

I have read this too, not sure really, when I built mine I didn’t put enough diff oil in, so I had to refill, I’m using 5000cst in mine (front and back).

Worth nothing, the kit doesn’t come with any fluids (Diff or shock oil) so you will need to get that separately.

A few on here including me run these batteries:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack.html?queryID=d3606456cc964da2d66c9598787fe2c7&objectID=30638&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

DMS sell a really good hardcase one:

https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=28650&virtuemart_category_id=15

enjoy the build, which version did you go for?

HI,

Thanks for the links and tips. What about the motor where did you get yours?
I got the EMB-1HK. Is that the same one you had? is there any difference?

Best,
Tiago

37 minutes ago, jimbulsara said:

HI,

Thanks for the links and tips. What about the motor where did you get yours?
I got the EMB-1HK. Is that the same one you had? is there any difference?

Best,
Tiago

DMS again for the motor https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=37980&virtuemart_category_id=200

mine came with a motor and ESC, but I have already upgraded both.

Again most people and myself are using the Hobbywing Quickrun 10BL60 ESC too.

23 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

DMS again for the motor https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=37980&virtuemart_category_id=200

mine came with a motor and ESC, but I have already upgraded both.

Again most people and myself are using the Hobbywing Quickrun 10BL60 ESC too.

Cool that is reasonably priced too! I can’t wait. Only another month or so for the kit to arrive.....

1 minute ago, jimbulsara said:

Cool that is reasonably priced too! I can’t wait. Only another month or so for the kit to arrive.....

Where did you get the kit?

Also consider the racestar one, I've got the 5900kv and my truggy fly's...

[£11.56 22% OFF]Racerstar 2845 Motor Brushless Waterproof Sensorless 5900/4370/3930/2800KV 1/12 1/14 RC Car Part RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/6upixsFQY7

A few people use them and there's been good feedback over a few years. 

5 minutes ago, jimbulsara said:

Aliexpress. Only place i could find it and it also came to 110 pds.

Ok, DMS are the Uk importer for LC Racing, so defiantly the go to for spares.

31 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Ok, DMS are the Uk importer for LC Racing, so defiantly the go to for spares.

Cool, I will have a look to see what is needed. Once i get my kit I will have a look throughout this post to see the  mods that are advised. I notice something about the slipper clutch with an extra bearing. 

1 minute ago, jimbulsara said:

Cool, I will have a look to see what is needed. Once i get my kit I will have a look throughout this post to see the  mods that are advised. I notice something about the slipper clutch with an extra bearing. 

Yes the slipper mod is an easy one to do while assembling, you will need to buy some extra bearings, 4x8x3 is the size, Rc bearings uk are a great place for these:

https://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=161_10&product_id=10

In the image, the bearing nearest the red slipper is the additional one, in the kit they just supply a bushing.

AF598ECE-EE60-4CFD-BBAF-C69E977CBA30.jpeg

On 09/07/2020 at 14:36, Ag100 said:

Yes the slipper mod is an easy one to do while assembling, you will need to buy some extra bearings, 4x8x3 is the size, Rc bearings uk are a great place for these:

https://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=161_10&product_id=10

In the image, the bearing nearest the red slipper is the additional one, in the kit they just supply a bushing.

AF598ECE-EE60-4CFD-BBAF-C69E977CBA30.jpeg

Thanks. 
I have another quesiton. What kind of Grease, differential oil and Shock oil should i get for the build?  I am getting some stuff from wheelspin models and thought i would order this already.

I use 350 cst in the front shocks, 400 cst in the rear and 5000cst Diff fluid in both diffs.

seems to work well, though I’m not racing it just gets run on grass and gravel.

personal choice really, but a good place to start.

Brand I used was both Core arc and Team Associated, again personal preference.

On 12/07/2020 at 15:20, Ag100 said:

I use 350 cst in the front shocks, 400 cst in the rear and 5000cst Diff fluid in both diffs.

seems to work well, though I’m not racing it just gets run on grass and gravel.

personal choice really, but a good place to start.

Brand I used was both Core arc and Team Associated, again personal preference.

Completely missed this (didnt get notification). I will also be running mostly on grass so I will definitely get those specs since i know nothing about it.  Anything else i should get besides the bearings? that is recommended.

6 hours ago, jimbulsara said:

Completely missed this (didnt get notification). I will also be running mostly on grass so I will definitely get those specs since i know nothing about it.  Anything else i should get besides the bearings? that is recommended.

Like most kits you will need:

paint for body

motor

steering servo

ESC

transmitter/receiver

batteries

shock Oil

Diff Fluid

tyre glue (thin superglue) (though mine were pre glued)emb-1hk_manual_2.0.pdf

handy to have :

vernier callipers (for setting up the turnbuckles and track rods)

some decent hex drivers

soldering iron (if you need to change the connectors on the ESC)

I also found that the standard gauge of wire (12awg) that came on my ESC was just a little to big to route nearly, so at some stage you may want some thinner gauge (I went 14awg)

I have uploaded the manual as well, worth looking through to familiarise yourself with the build before hand.

On 14/07/2020 at 20:10, Ag100 said:

Like most kits you will need:

paint for body

motor

steering servo

ESC

transmitter/receiver

batteries

shock Oil

Diff Fluid

tyre glue (thin superglue) (though mine were pre glued)emb-1hk_manual_2.0.pdf

handy to have :

vernier callipers (for setting up the turnbuckles and track rods)

some decent hex drivers

soldering iron (if you need to change the connectors on the ESC)

I also found that the standard gauge of wire (12awg) that came on my ESC was just a little to big to route nearly, so at some stage you may want some thinner gauge (I went 14awg)

I have uploaded the manual as well, worth looking through to familiarise yourself with the build before hand.

The kit arrived today! It took 5 days to come from Aliexpress. I wasn’t expecting it this quick. I am still to order the oils etc... 

• Like 1

Ran the car yesterday, first on 2s until it stopped, then put the 3s pack in, all going well until it stopped, it was juddering so I switched it off, it was very very hot, couldn’t touch the underside of the chassis where the motor sits and it smelt “burnt”.

i got it home and let it cool for a few hours, then switched it on, the motor turned but very slowly.

Then this  morning got the motor out and it just spins freely, no resistance, so it’s obviously goosed.

could this be because I don’t let it cool down between packs, or was over stressing it, I was running in a Grass field, not long but possibly a bit too much for it?

also one slipper pad is gone.

Dont know the temps, but obviously too much, I know  @silone74 had burnt one of these 6850 motors out, and they don’t make them now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ag100

53 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Ran the car yesterday, first on 2s until it stopped, then put the 3s pack in, all going well until it stopped, it was juddering so I switched it off, it was very very hot, couldn’t touch the underside of the chassis where the motor sits and it smelt “burnt”.

i got it home and let it cool for a few hours, then switched it on, the motor turned but very slowly.

Then this  morning got the motor out and it just spins freely, no resistance, so it’s obviously goosed.

could this be because I don’t let it cool down between packs, or was over stressing it, I was running in a Grass field, not long but possibly a bit too much for it?

also one slipper pad is gone.

Dont know the temps, but obviously too much, I know  @silone74 had burnt one of these 6850 motors out, and they don’t make them now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That sucks, I think I've heard a few of these higher KV motors going pop. 

What are you going to replace it with?