• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scotland's Big discussion 2013

Rusty1103

Bathgate this weekend then Irvine next weekend so as previously said not being at Bathgate all the time then try somewhere else following weekend then back to Bathgate an idea if anyone thinks a good one

Edited by Sweeney23

sorry guys its going to be a electric rc only bash at Bathgate this Saturday so keep the neighbours cool with us being there

That doesn't suit everybody as some don't have eletric

Irvine then so everybody can run ?

Yeah I suggested but seems no one will travel or help anyone out who can't travel so your basicly ruling that out and tbh being unreasonable eletric only etc nothing stopping me going up there every day of week and running but I don't. I do it on a Saturday and Saturday only. I'd help people out who can't travel if lived close to me to go else where aka Irvine or even Ayr. Don't see you offering to pick people up or help out. It's a public place and by law nothing stopping us runnin. Neighbours can complain but nothing can be done about it. If I had to have a lawnmower and cut that whole area every Saturday would take longer than how long we run our petrol or nitro cars not here to argue here to meet people and get a laugh and good chat about rc

Not really sure which way to take that, as for transport, people do offer but I dont really like taking lifts off everyone if I cant do the same in return every so often.

Im happy to run at Bathgate but like stu said we need to give the neighbours a break from the noise every so often.

As for bashing elsewhere just because a couple of people cant make it doesnt mean you need to call it off for everyone.

I understand Bathgate isnt ideal for everyone and some of you guys have a long way to travel but its all I can do at the moment untill im 17 and have passed my test. But if you guys want to bash somewhere else then by all means go ahead. I happy with the odd weekend at Bathgate and I can spend other weekends doing other things.

Ill probably miss a couple of summer bashes anyway through summer as me and my mate fish quite a bit during the warmer months.

Please dont take anything personally, similarly dont take it as a rant and more me voicing my opinion.

And last but not least, thanks for your time and patience :thumbsup:

Yeah I suggested but seems no one will travel or help anyone out who can't travel so your basicly ruling that out and tbh being unreasonable eletric only etc nothing stopping me going up there every day of week and running but I don't. I do it on a Saturday and Saturday only. I'd help people out who can't travel if lived close to me to go else where aka Irvine or even Ayr. Don't see you offering to pick people up or help out. It's a public place and by law nothing stopping us runnin. Neighbours can complain but nothing can be done about it. If I had to have a lawnmower and cut that whole area every Saturday would take longer than how long we run our petrol or nitro cars not here to argue here to meet people and get a laugh and good chat about rc

There is a law to stop us running that's the thing. I will give you more details later once I get home.

take it what way you want but iam only saying electric as you guy`s with 1/5 have been there for nearly three weeks on weekends and sometimes during the week aswell (no offence to anyone who has done it) and iam sure the neighbour`s or people who live there are bound to get peed off with 4 or 5 1/5 scale cars running around for upto an hour at a time and iam sure you would to if it were happening every weekend were you live ? and i don`t offer lifts as most people have the there own transport its not like iam going to drive all the way say falkirk to pick up jordan and drop him off again am i that`s just stupid. i if we were going to the bing and ewan needed a lift then i would do it as he lives close to me and there is law iam sure that will stop us using it and you have to remember its not private property its land owned by the council so they would have there say as well and iam sure there are some bylaw`s which the council or even police could enforce like anti social behauvier.

if you want to come along then do so i have no problems with it but if someone complains then it has **** all todo with me same go`s if the council or police come along  

Edited by mini-z-awd
  • Like 1

I have my own public liability which I can send u a copy of and I have also renewed my brca which comes with race licence and public liability for running at tracks

Nitros are louder than 1/5 first time when was there was all the more the merrier now there are more people that turn up your making some sort of excuse that run this run that. As said ain't here to argue but this is just turning childish and public liability. Where's yours. And I have mine due to I do detailing and machine polish on expensive cars if you want a copy I can suply that. So enough of all this childish act we are a forum and here to help each other out and have fun while doing it

all i was saying was if you read it right was why don`t we give the people who live there some peace and quiet for one weekend and that was all and some petrols are way louder than a nitro it all depends on what pipe you have on there. i don`t have insurance as most of the time i don`t run anything and if i do run a car iam not hammering it all over the place like i`ve seen some people do up there and as for being childish i don`t see anything childish here the only thing said it would be a leccy bash only and you started with its not fair as someone people i don`t have a leccy car what about the people who don`t own a 1/5 car are they not allowed to come along now  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:

Being childish well for a start where did I say only 1/5 scale. I haven't you seem to be on the defensive side here there a few people not just me who don't have electric so we not allowed to run now cause it's only a electric. You start bringing up things like public liability and don't even have it there an example of wanting to start a argument which I ain't here to do. Seems you have a chip on your shoulder and a change of attitude is needed. Give neighbours a rest yeah all up for that but if other people won't travel then it ain't going to happen is it. Or you gonna buy a electric car so I can run I don't think you would. And ain't spending all money on a 1/5 to not run. You prefer smaller scale that's ur thing. I like bigger scale. As said in last post can put a end to all this childish crap it's a forum and here for a laugh not a argument. If taken offense then too bad and sorry but ain't haven someone tell me what I can and can't do

Sweeney, it is the more the merrier, but before alot of the newer people turned up we only bashed at Bathgate every 2-3 weeks so I understand where people are coming from.

If people are taking 1/5ths this weekend and theres likely to be hastle I wont be there.

Edited by Ewan.Mackay
  • Like 1

ryhupusa.jpg

Brca membership now covers you to run anywhere at anytime and for 17 quid for the year don't see why everyone that runs a car shouldnt have it it's piece of mind so on the unfortunate circumstances that something did happen you are covered saves people sueing you cause your running in a public place without insurance might be worth looking at if u don't have insurance

This will end it all

The council/ police can move you on and ban you from running in our case Rc cars if you are causing a disturbance to anyone or causing a nuisance, this is law passed by the Scottish office under the right of access code. Look it up it's called It's pretty much covered by Part 1 of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 in conjunction with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.

Fact !

ryhupusa.jpg

Brca membership now covers you to run anywhere at anytime and for 17 quid for the year don't see why everyone that runs a car shouldnt have it it's piece of mind so on the unfortunate circumstances that something did happen you are covered saves people sueing you cause your running in a public place without insurance might be worth looking at if u don't have insurance

the brca is for 1/5 scale and all Petrol rc ? and can I get  for Electric rc ?

Sweeney23 you need to understand if the neighbours will call the police

• Like 1