• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scotland's Big discussion 2013

Rusty1103

Ok so now we know why the SCX10 stopped working yesterday. Basically there was moisture inside the receiver box where the winch controller was, and also there was moisture inside the Traxxas receiver box. We got rid of the winch but there is still a problem with the receiver and I'm pretty sure it needs replacing...

So my question is... does anyone have a spare FlySky GT3B/C?

Ok so now we know why the SCX10 stopped working yesterday. Basically there was moisture inside the receiver box where the winch controller was, and also there was moisture inside the Traxxas receiver box. We got rid of the winch but there is still a problem with the receiver and I'm pretty sure it needs replacing...

So my question is... does anyone have a spare FlySky GT3B/C?

Thought it wud o been esc prob , glad u found it

Is the vids from yesterday in editing ?

I think the ESC is fine, I mean what happened today was: my dad plugged the battery in, it worked fine for 5 minutes and then the light on the ESC goes blinking RED and it stops working or glitches out(goes full throttle etc without touching the transmitter).

I haven't had the time to start editing the videos but they'll be done soon.

• Like 1

My new toy:

20130910_143624.jpg

20130910_143659.jpg

20130910_143734.jpg

20130910_143750.jpg

Absolute bargain. The seller included a Spektrum DX3S with 2 telemetry receivers. I even got a full bottle of 2 stroke oil for free. The whole thing is like new. Don't mind the tape on the battery box. The guy lost the clips but I had spare so it's all sorted now.

Edited by Pharrel

Looks good Pharrel, seems to be barely used!

I know right. The previous owner said he used it about 4 times on grass. He let me drive it when I came to collect, engine is running perfectly from what I can tell.

Richard you had a Losi before, any upgrades I should get apart from what you see on the pictures? I was told on a facebook group to get a Team Chase steering link.

Anyway, I won't run it until I have a remote killswitch installed...

The only immediate thing to do is install the Bartolone mesh plate from Freeprawn. It holds the centre diff and the clutch housing a fixed distance apart. If you jump, and we know you will, the chassis can flex and the spur and pinion mesh changes. It eats your gears. The plate stops that. If you have a tap and die kit then you're set. If not then you also need the Bartolone predrilled clutch housing which is

Not too expensive of an upgrade, I am sure it's worth getting, this thing will get jumped for sure :D

Oh, do I need to take the engine out to install the pre-drilled clutch housing?

Edited by Pharrel

You're also missing the screw from your steering servo. As for the steering setup, don't worry about it. As soon as you start messing with it you'll get all kind of problems. Powerful single servo, original steering kit, correctly set up servo saver and you're good.

Lots of future upgrades you can do:

Outerwears.

FLR chassis and steering braces (strong and cheap)

Losi Aluminium servo saver

DDM quick release throttle link.

DarkSoul quick release fuel lines. (You can remove the engine so quickly with them)

Ball drive centre diff shafts

Killswitch

4600mAh Dark Magic rx battery.

Hostile tyres

HD beadlocks

Vented clutchbell

Hemistorm Penta Shell.

Bartolone cage panels