• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any bodybuilders on the forum

Pistonpower

• 2 weeks later...

sure way to knacker your kidneys/heart...you cant maintain size gained with steroids...so you would either stay on them for good ..or go up and down in size like oprah winfrey ! ...best option is settle for what you manage naturally...i stopped weights 12 years ago but still have an ok muscle tone and shape..of course much less of it !

sure way to knacker your kidneys/heart...you cant maintain size gained with steroids...so you would either stay on them for good ..or go up and down in size like oprah winfrey ! ...best option is settle for what you manage naturally...i stopped weights 12 years ago but still have an ok muscle tone and shape..of course much less of it !

Chris, your built like a racing snake lol :xd:

• Like 1

Just a quick questions sorry :) if I start bodybuilding and drink whey protein daily and after a year or so stop taken it will it affect me in any way??also what are you're opinions on weight gainers?

My advice is to read up on diet/nutition on a body building forum like ukmuscle. Eating correctly is half the battle and you gain quicker and look better on the right diet than just thinking a protein shake a day will get you massive and ripped up like the bloke on the tub. 

Chris, your built like a racing snake lol :xd:

yup..just skin and muscle...distance runner now...but all the muscle shape is still here..put it this way...i look pants in a suit...but ripped in the flesh...im like a body builder....viewed from a long way away HA !

I take weight gainer/ protein shakes and try to eat the right stuff but being so active it is hard to keep the muscle mass on.  Playing baseballl and with work being so active, I need all the help to keep the little muscle mass I have.  I used to always weigh around 11.5 stone up until I bought some dumbells, utility bench, chin up bar and a ripcord ( for baseball).  With some basic work with the dumbless, running and basic push ups etc.  I found its all about getting into that routine and sticking with it.  I am no body builder but I have found I like being at 13.5 stone now and sometimes in the off season from baseball is where I train the hardest I do push 14 stone.

Dieting the right way is the key like most have said but it is hard when you are so active with work and forget to make the right lunch etc. So I take weight gainers / protein shakes on top of what lunch I do seem to have.

Edited by cyronn

Just a quick questions sorry :) if I start bodybuilding and drink whey protein daily and after a year or so stop taken it will it affect me in any way??also what are you're opinions on weight gainers?

I guess it depends what you want out of it fella, if you were taking protein supplements and weight gainers and training, then stopped the supplements and carried on training my guess would be you would slowly loose your size and maybe some muscle along with it depending on what training your doing?

Although like people have said a good diet is key to gaining the body you want but think you need to first decide what you want first-

size/definition/muscle/weight

then form a diet and workout from there.

I take diet protein shakes only so I know that I'm getting enough protein per day when sometimes I don't have time to plan my food for the day as I work shifts so sometimes its easier.

I would defiantly have a a good look through the forum mentioned above among others as there is loads of good advice from people with years of experience trying all sorts of different diets/workouts, also remember everyone's different so what might work well for one person might not give the next person the same results so bit of trial and error, but when I started training again bout a year ago I found the forums a good read and very helpful especially when trying new supplements and if you know what you what your after.

Good luck mate

• Like 1

I guess it depends what you want out of it fella, if you were taking protein supplements and weight gainers and training, then stopped the supplements and carried on training my guess would be you would slowly loose your size and maybe some muscle along with it depending on what training your doing?

Although like people have said a good diet is key to gaining the body you want but think you need to first decide what you want first-

size/definition/muscle/weight

then form a diet and workout from there.

I take diet protein shakes only so I know that I'm getting enough protein per day when sometimes I don't have time to plan my food for the day as I work shifts so sometimes its easier.

I would defiantly have a a good look through the forum mentioned above among others as there is loads of good advice from people with years of experience trying all sorts of different diets/workouts, also remember everyone's different so what might work well for one person might not give the next person the same results so bit of trial and error, but when I started training again bout a year ago I found the forums a good read and very helpful especially when trying new supplements and if you know what you what your after.

Good luck mate

Hey thanks for the advice!yeh btw I ment stop working out an also stop supplements..

I guess you would probably loose your muscle eventually weight would possibly depend on how active your day to day life is with regards to burning calories and your diet when you stop working out and supplements, basically if you ate more calories than you burned daily you would gain weight and if you burned more than you take in on a regular basis you should loose it.

But again everyone's different I used to work with a bloke who was in his late 40s stopped using the gym on a regular basis years ago just every now and again, yet there was not an ounce of fat on him and still very strong and never really lost much muscle his diet was never brilliant either, no idea how he did it maybe he was training in secret or just had a crazy metabolism or was just extremely stressed out! but just goes to show how different we all are I guess.

Is everyone skinny on here? lol i've signed up for the gym and im planning to go as much as i can after my gcse's 

any people who used to be a bit fat? what did you do? i just want to be a bit thinner and a bit stronger. 

(ps sorry for thread jacking)

im just getting some whey 100% protein take it 3 times a day should put on some muscle and muscle mean weight aswell right ? what you think guys 

Is everyone skinny on here? lol i've signed up for the gym and im planning to go as much as i can after my gcse's 

any people who used to be a bit fat? what did you do? i just want to be a bit thinner and a bit stronger. 

(ps sorry for thread jacking)

no thread jacking mate your more then welcome its a puplic status not just for my benefit 

Yeah I was what you could call fat or over weight for my age and height lost about 2 stone in total over about a year still carrying small bit of fat but much less than I was,I take diet whey so I can maximise my protein intake after a good workout without the calories so it helps me to try and carry on shift more a little more fat or at least not put more on, I'm at my ideal weight just trying to strip a bit more fat and build bit more muscle, which as I understand is pretty hard to do both so I'm concentrating on building muscle at the minute.

If you want to build muscle and slim down maybe do one at a time as from what I have read its hard to drop heaps of weight and gain muscle at the same time, not sure how much you want to loose but might be best to loose a bit first then when your happier with your weight start concentrating on the muscle building as if you build the muscle first you could loose some of that hard earned muscle when you try to loose body fat.

When I was over weight I started cycling to work eating better and at the same time stopped drinking(alcohol) as I was drinking quite a lot, so that helped me shed weight fairly quickly as my body was quite used to all the beer so when I quit it was a huge amount of calories to drop,after about 4-6 months of mainly cardio and light weights I started to bring a bit more of the weights and protein in concentrating on area of muscle each day and allowing at least a days rest for that muscle group, and still doing cardio at least once a week plus my cycling.

You can do what you want to do and what order you think works best for you just remember what you eat is as important as your workouts to achieve the most you can, and as I'm still learning as well everyday is a school day in the gym!

Yeah I was what you could call fat or over weight for my age and height lost about 2 stone in total over about a year still carrying small bit of fat but much less than I was,I take diet whey so I can maximise my protein intake after a good workout without the calories so it helps me to try and carry on shift more a little more fat or at least not put more on, I'm at my ideal weight just trying to strip a bit more fat and build bit more muscle, which as I understand is pretty hard to do both so I'm concentrating on building muscle at the minute.

If you want to build muscle and slim down maybe do one at a time as from what I have read its hard to drop heaps of weight and gain muscle at the same time, not sure how much you want to loose but might be best to loose a bit first then when your happier with your weight start concentrating on the muscle building as if you build the muscle first you could loose some of that hard earned muscle when you try to loose body fat.

When I was over weight I started cycling to work eating better and at the same time stopped drinking(alcohol) as I was drinking quite a lot, so that helped me shed weight fairly quickly as my body was quite used to all the beer so when I quit it was a huge amount of calories to drop,after about 4-6 months of mainly cardio and light weights I started to bring a bit more of the weights and protein in concentrating on area of muscle each day and allowing at least a days rest for that muscle group, and still doing cardio at least once a week plus my cycling.

You can do what you want to do and what order you think works best for you just remember what you eat is as important as your workouts to achieve the most you can, and as I'm still learning as well everyday is a school day in the gym!

ok thanks a lot, i was thinking of something like that  :thumbsup:

I'll share some info and dispel some myths around bodybuilding and steroids.

Basics.

You train to your limit. Tearing muscle tissue. This heals itself returning bigger and stronger.

So you muscles don't get bigger during training, they get bigger during rest.

This is why you only train one muscle group per week.

Protein

For muscles to repair themselves/grow they need protein.

Steroids

Steroids improve protein synthesis.

This is basically how protein is absorbed and used by the body.

Steroids aren't magic. You can't just take them and get massive.

Steroids aren't bad for your heart.

Steroids aren't really bad for your liver.

The only steroids that are bad for your liver are in tablet form. This is because it has to has have chemicals in it to stop it breaking down in your liver. Just like any other tablet.

Most steroids are injected by intramuscular injection.

There is one steroid that's linked to cancer. Anadrol.

The basis to every steroid cycle is testosterone. This is a natural hormone. When injecting testosterone it slows your own production down. So when you stop taking steroids you will loose some gain. But it's still real muscle and you won't just loose it all if you keep training and eating well.

When coming off steroids you take other other drugs. (PCT) post cycle therapy.

These are mainly anti eostrogen drugs. (Same drugs taken by women with breast cancer)

These help you own testosterone production recover and minimise losses.

Your willy wont get smaller (but your balls will) these make testosterone! They will return to a normal size.

Road rage is something that effects very few.

It makes you really horny!

Steroids are legal to posses but illegal to sell. (Pharmacy grade only) underground labs that make steroids are theoretically illegal to own.

There are many reputable underground labs though.

When taking steroids there are two types of cycles bulking and cutting cycles.

Cutting is to get you completion ready and to near 0% body fat.

Diet is more important than steroids!

No point taking steroids if you won't eat a proper diet.

I think I've covered most the basics and can't be bothered to type anymore...

Edited by Hemo87

i started off at 22 stone, dropped down to 12 and a half stone ish.

i now gym as much as possible where work allows but i also do a very demanding job at B&Q which requires a lot of heavy lifting for lengthy periods of time.

i struggle to keep weight steady even on a lower calorie diet then most people would eat. my main issue now is too gain muscle you must eat more. but i weight in every thrusday and the thought of the scales moving up scare me bonkers!! so i maintain my weight whilst training which means gains are slow and tedious 

Is there a minimum age someone can take weight gainers?would it affect a teen in any way?

Well you would hope it would effect you or else what's the point of taking it :P

I think as long as the weight gainers don't have a bunch of added suplememts such as creatine you should be fine

check out the recipe i posted earlier on this thread for a relatively cheap weight gainer 

Edited by revo madnesss

Have you heard of Mike Mentzer? Maybe check out his theory on heavy duty / high intensity training. Dorian Yates trained on this principle and was spending about 1/4 - 1/3 of the time in gym compared to his competition in mr Olympia. He won 6 years in a row.

I tried and found it works. Especially as an ectomorph (skinny- incase I got it wrong way round)

The theory makes a lot of sense.

Ground almonds are good additive to home made weight gainers too