• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my first savage need advice

fatboyneil

• 2 weeks later...

looking ready to bash Neil :thumbsup: .

not too sure bud, but what i can see in your pic, your tyres look as though they're on the wrong way mate

its funny you say that three are that way the other is opposite

i've never been able to get a tyre off that i'd be happy to use again Neil. from now on, whatever tyre is on, it stays on, until my savvy chews them off,lol.

just done the same thing to some trencher x's Neil, got 3 done really well, and the 4th on backwards. i have thought about getting the set again and matching them right so i end up with 2 sets done correctly. expensive but it annoy's me,lol. although, it is quite hard to tell with trenchers

how did you get on Neil?  hey matey, if you've knackered it up, don't worry too much about it........ let me know what wheel you need and i'll post you 1 of mine :thumbsup: . got 3 to choose from...... you don't want the other,lol

I'm ok thanks Scott got one side of the tyre off just turned it over to do the inside edge and I've got some plasticote chrome already peals off just like the hpi stuff so no big loss.

Had grandkids round today so haven't had time to Finnish it though I did paint the shell before my house turned into a zoo

Right bit of an update and questions here's what the new one looks like now null-14.jpg

And I still have the original one which I'm still going to fix up but I need a set of left and right hand thread nuts for the drive shafts as I stripped the others the shafts are fine also anyone knows link to really cheap diff parts for the old diffs pointless going all out bulletproof diffs on the old one oh and if anyone knows of a cheap sorce of drive shafts I have a set of standard x4.6 axels I could use instead of the reverse thread ones

Nah, think I had the last few... worth keeping an eye on that site though, as occasionally they have stuff you want that's so cheap you pee your pants1

• 10 months later...

Ive just got a savage .25 its all standard i think except the purple ribbed pipe and a rubicon body that looks pretty newish. It was listed as great condition with loads of compression in the engine. I hope so. But i only paid

The throttle mod is a must also the 17mm hex mod other than that a standard sav25 is ok just try here for cheap parts to upgrade to a x4.6 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jennys-RCSports/Savage-x-4-6-RTR-/_i.html?_fsub=3793151015&_sop=1&rt=nc just don't do what I did and decide to build a complete new one from scratch it is cheep but a pain waiting for all the parts

Cheers neil ill look into the throttle mod ive heard something about that actually while browsing savages. Whats wrong with the standard throttle linkage is it limited or something. 

Im not sure 17mm hexs will be done tho ive brought too many new tire sets over the last few cars and they always cost a bomb my revo wheel combo cost more than this whole truck lol. But if i find a cheap set of 4 wheels then i might consider it. 

It has the old savage tires on as it is the ones you had on yours in this thread look much better tho are they hpi ill just double check tho cos i saw flux tires too but dont mean those. 

Edit.

Page 2 post 16 those tires look cool what are they? I might have a set of 17mm alloy hexs for savage but ther not the style like buggirs use just bigger versions on the normal 14mm hex they wont work tho i bet since most 17mm hex wheels ive had have a large hole in the centre for the hex nut. 

Edited by RCbutcher

The throttle on the savage sticks and is just a pain the mod makes it more responsive also.

The wheels and tyres that came with my first one where just nasty they looked good the tyres I still have but the wheels are just cheep junk they went in the bin the hexes you mention are probably the savage ones they take a flanged nut like these http://bit.ly/1qcmo5n