• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Won't start after ring change

Paul_TDi

Indeedy, only took 3 rings to get it right.

On the up side the exhaust note does sound a little crisper so hoping it's gained a bit of power back.

Oh and while I have peoples attention to save a thread, I can wobble the crankshaft a fair about by wobbling the flywheel, I'm assuming this means the engine bearings are on there way out?

From centered to pushing it far as it will go it's a good 2-3 mm

Edited by Paul_TDi

If you are moving it up and down.....then that's way too much. You will get a bit of side to side movement ( end float) but don;t confuse the two...

If you have a lot of up and down movement, then the bearings are worn. That amount of movement is pretty excessive. Probably worth checking for play in the conrod too if the cranks got that bad. May not sieze....just collapse a bearing and explode in pieces :)

It moves in and out slightly, end float right?

But for example I was setting the ignition coil gap and as I turned the flywheel as the magnet came in line with the ignition coil they just pulled together.

So bearings? are there better ones to get like ceramics or for a fairly standard engine shall I just get bog standards?