• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TB01

tonysmini

Hi Guys,

Certain circumstances have come for me to think about selling my tb-01, its brand new (not boxed) only parts that have been put together are the front & rear assemblies.

I also have another tb-01 chassis that is fully working but has been used somewhat.

So anybody thinking of getting one or wanting another pm me..

Cheers

interested in this drop me a pm please

Finally my N15 impreza had arrived. I painted it yesterday at last,(thanks UK weather for making my life difficult lol). Nothing spectacular color wise since I like my cars have the recce/privateer look so it is just white.

Now I have to rebuild the car, installing the ball dif at the front, sorting out the gear ratio , applying thread lock and start experimenting with suspension set up.

At the moment I had 400cps with one hole front and rear with orange springs at the front and blue at the rear. The front very stable but the rear end very twichy.. ( tarmac with loose gravel and rally blocks).

Questions

At the front end of the centre axle is seems that there is a place for a bearing. In the manual it doesn t say anything, should I put one?

My trf dampers have spoilt me in my other cars but for rally use they are nevertheless short. Is there a good alternative with added suspension travel?

I can t believe that in my university there is not a single soul that is into rc

(Warwick University) and everybody looks at me like I am an alien.

I ll open an account to post some photos but dont expect anything spectacular..

Edited by Bellof

Finally my N15 impreza had arrived. I painted it yesterday at last,(thanks UK weather for making my life difficult lol). Nothing spectacular color wise since I like my cars have the recce/privateer look so it is just white.

Now I have to rebuild the car, installing the ball dif at the front, sorting out the gear ratio , applying thread lock and start experimenting with suspension set up.

At the moment I had 400cps with one hole front and rear with orange springs at the front and blue at the rear. The front very stable but the rear end very twichy.. ( tarmac with loose gravel and rally blocks).

Questions

At the front end of the centre axle is seems that there is a place for a bearing. In the manual it doesn t say anything, should I put one?

My trf dampers have spoilt me in my other cars but for rally use they are nevertheless short. Is there a good alternative with added suspension travel?

I can t believe that in my university there is not a single soul that is into rc

(Warwick University) and everybody looks at me like I am an alien.

I ll open an account to post some photos but dont expect anything spectacular..

Hiya, you don't need a bearing there. I put one in on my first rebuild and it just causes the drive shaft to bind slightly. It's left over from the TG10 the TB01 shares the gear boxes with.

Can you not fit the longer bottom ball link to the TRF shocks? I use short CVA's on mine with the longer links and they work just fine.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the clarification regarding the bearing. I have already in all 4 corners the long end in the trf dampers and for most of the terrains is adequate as you already mentioned..

I ll might order the new gravel springs that are intended for the xv01.

Why should i do that since my trf dampers are the same length as cva's and better in all aspects.

I am not sure if i can use the rear arms on the long arms kit but i ll give it a try (i have my m03 which has aftermarket hubs already).

Cheers

Have you got a sway bar on the back? I have them on one of mine (long arm kit on it too) and it stays very flat whenI drive it. It may just need the shocks tuning with different weight oils until you are happy.

I use an old baby syringe to add a drop of 20,000 wt diff oil to thicken mine

• 7 years later...

Hi tonysmini,

Hope my query find you well.

Re:'Tamiya do an aluminium steering set that pivots the arms on 850 bearings, much more precise, or asia tees do a delrin set, not had a chance to try these yet but I do have some on order.'

Did they work out well, as you've expected?

If so, let me know both that Tamiya part number, or the delrin set ......so that I would know how to find them to purchase.

I remembered that the way it was anchored or bolted down...it was done on one end only (at the bottom only and not the top too!) and therefore,

I expected it just as much that it would be 'shaken' loose in no time...like a gate post holding a door.

Fyi, I bought my tb01 in year 2000+, build it up partway ...no servo, motor, no electrics...and forgot about it after!....due to baby coming.

Anyway, so much to catch up ..2s, 3s, brushless, sensored/sensorless, esc, 2.4g radio.....wouldn't mind if you can suggest ...an appropriate esc + sensored brushless motor + 2s or 3s ?

Thanks in advance.