• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GTB - 1/16th belt drive offroad micro thread

c0sie

i looked at these and the rc18b2,

wish they would produce a class 1 unlimited open wheel solid rear axle buggy

and a class 1 unlimited trophy truck using the same solid rear axle and a transmission drive.

4x4 and 2wd 

i keep waiting for them to produce what i would want to race :)

I will be running the Carisma 4500kv motor tonight for the first time. Gearing you guys using?

Sweet that is the motor ive got fitted in mine at the moment. Our track is a medium sized track with a few fact sections. Its got a 16 pinion and the standard 70 tooth spur and works really well. The motor gets hot but not extreme. How did your night go? How did the new ESC run too?

The shells were done by Kifo Paints and they are flipping incredible. The detail is just pin point good and faultless. I'm not too sure on a price as these were sponsored shells at a discount through Josh but if you drop him a message he will price it up depending on what you are after. They look incredible though!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifopaint/102000356525749

Sweet that is the motor ive got fitted in mine at the moment. Our track is a medium sized track with a few fact sections. Its got a 16 pinion and the standard 70 tooth spur and works really well. The motor gets hot but not extreme. How did your night go? How did the new ESC run too?

The shells were done by Kifo Paints and they are flipping incredible. The detail is just pin point good and faultless. I'm not too sure on a price as these were sponsored shells at a discount through Josh but if you drop him a message he will price it up depending on what you are after. They look incredible though!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kifopaint/102000356525749

Night went OK, running a new Tx and seemed to be getting interference so that kinda played on my mind.

Track i raced at is more touring and gt-12 so no proper jumps just a couple they put down for our heat.

Motor ran well and so did ESC. My programming card didn't turn up so it was on stock settings. I'm running the standard spur gear (67t?) and 16t pinion so heat certainly wasn't an issue!

Hi Matty,.

what tires and rims are those pls?

Also,. does anyone know if the plastic shock (top) eyelets fit the emb shocks?

24593376-origpic-9b7323.jpgtop left ;)

Tyres are Schumacher Rally Blocks on Schumacher Rims.

White rally blocks 2x U6630 used with 1x  U2500 wheels and 2x U6627 inserts, which makes a set of 4 wheels and tyres. Hope that helps!

yeah cheers,. perfect sense, :) ,  shoulda known they were shooy's ;)

The white compound are the best for grip but don't last that long. You can use the yellow compound but the compound of choice for the pro racers is White.

Also if anyone if after the bright Yellow Schumacher rims then the product code is U4528 :)

Hi Matty,.

what tires and rims are those pls?

Also,. does anyone know if the plastic shock (top) eyelets fit the emb shocks?

24593376-origpic-9b7323.jpgtop left ;)

They look the same fitting. They probably are the same tbh but i've only ever seen the top part with the hole in?

I've just ordered a fresh set as some weeks I race twice so they soon get worn!

They do like to wear don't they lol! They are like super soft ans super sticky :)

Hows yours running now? Ive not had a chance to get on here over the last week. Have you got the weight kit on yours? I've made myself up a weight kit but not had a chance to get it on the track yet :(

Also another good and cheap mod is to fit the link below. Do you have it fitted? I've put them in and using 45wt rear and 37.5wt front and the difference between the old set up is like night and day. The turn in and grip in a corner is much better!

http://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/product/carisma-gtb-pro-piston-tuning-set

Also i've ordered a 62 tooth spur, this is what the top guys were running at the last Micro Nationals. They look super fasttttttttttttt!

http://thumbsdesigns.com/product/62-tooth-0-5-mod-spur-gear-gtb-gt14b-series/

Edited by MattyV6

They do like to wear don't they lol! They are like super soft ans super sticky :)

Hows yours running now? Ive not had a chance to get on here over the last week. Have you got the weight kit on yours? I've made myself up a weight kit but not had a chance to get it on the track yet :(

Also another good and cheap mod is to fit the link below. Do you have it fitted? I've put them in and using 45wt rear and 37.5wt front and the difference between the old set up is like night and day. The turn in and grip in a corner is much better!

Also i've ordered a 62 tooth spur, this is what the top guys were running at the last Micro Nationals. They look super fasttttttttttttt!

Running a lot better now. Had a tinker last night resetting camber etc.

After tightening slipper a little and adjusting timing it's running sweet.

Will probably go for weight kit next month.

Not done pistons yet but read about it, so will give that a whirl too!

Running a lot better now. Had a tinker last night resetting camber etc.

After tightening slipper a little and adjusting timing it's running sweet.

Will probably go for weight kit next month.

Not done pistons yet but read about it, so will give that a whirl too!

These little GTB's are awesome fun  :yes:  :yes: They seem to be growing in popularity locally (South Devon/Cornwall).

It amazes me how they 100% match 10th buggy for speed (indoor carpet), and sometimes even find a bit more.

Are the yellow Rally Blocks much different to the white ones? My first set of white ones have done 3 race days, and they're just about gone.

My GTB (with 10th buggy in background) @ Torbay TRAC Round 2,

hrc9eb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good dude! I get a lot of people asking about mine.

Just about got it dialled in and I'm about a lap off of top 3 at club. They are running 1/10 K1's etc so I'm well impressed. What motor you running? I'm gonna give the yellows a go when ive gone through my new set of whites.