• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

sandrail project/NOW WITH SHORT VIDS

reggy72

few short videos, short due to battery flat on the go pro, shame as it missed a massive crash that wiped out the go pro. 1st video showing the venue in question, nice tarmac velodrome, in car, and the next a asked a cyclist to film it doing a lap before the cycle club started

th_GOPR4717_zpsb9c3543d.jpg

th_GOPR4718_zps620cda98.jpg

and a few pictures with my Son, more paint now removed after the big crash at the velodrome and the go pro housing is badly cracked, starting to get proper filthy now with battle scars, love it!!

Photo0312_zpsa59c78b8.jpg

Photo0313_zps25829cbb.jpg

Photo0314_zpsf4e29d80.jpg

just brought a new go pro housing, the camera is fine and the housing did its job but is now pretty damaged, the cable ties on the silicon tubing across the top of the rail burst, but the framework is fine, took a massive knock to the front as it flipped, that's moved some of the powdercoating but its fine once again. On reflection there is quite a step from the flat surface to the curved transition, I got it wrong at full pelt and paid the price, other damage is a slight bruise to the TR rear shock brace and the upper part of the rear offside shock is a little scuffed.the side pipe got away without a mark upon it, result!

I've pranged Baja's before on this part, and it has cost money before to correct the damage, the rail is beastly and is fine, tough as hell in comparison. When it happened my initial thought was **** this is going back to roofchopper for repair work, but credit to Dennis these are like tanks. Best 5th scale I've ever owned.

the sr is looking mint.great colour choice on the cage, also surprised how well the tank came out .

I found with my 27.2, it really shined around tank 5.

gotta agree mate, the 27.2 has plenty of torque, but will rev up really high too, I'm into my 5th tank of fuel now and its really starting to loosen up, even with my high gearing I can spin the wheels on grass or tarmac with ease, the plasti kote paint on the tank is pretty good to be honest and see's  to be reasonably tough and not effected by fuel spills either. all in all I'm really pleased with how this car has come out, and impressed with how it goes too.

I had some Killer RC LED's leftover from Norcoforever's 5T so I thought I'd try and a mount a pair onto the sandrail without resorting to expensive custom mounting brakets, a few nuts n bolts, and a little cutting and drilling I've mounted two bright blue LED's, they look pretty good too, also new Hostile slicks to the rear(could do with some fronts shortly) and a new Go Pro camera chassis after destroying my original last weekend. Still need to sort out the undertray, its ready but have not had the time to pick it up from powdercoat, could have done with it this morning after hitting a slightly raised curb(more paint now gone at this rate there will be none left)

Photo0315_zpsccf9af5b.jpg

Photo0316_zps0f6d815a.jpg

Photo0317_zpsa321831b.jpg

Here is another short, but a lot longer than my two previous video's, video of it outside my work, you can see the ROK sysmteer doing its business pretty well in this shot, along with curb prang and the worlds lowest speed rollover.

th_GOPR4729_zpsca01ba9b.jpg

good video mate :thumbsup:  i like your flip flops

cheers fella, yeah suitable footwear I think not with 25kg+steel heading towards your feet, I also have now set up the rear camber, so it now holds better in a straight line and turns in a lot better, and have a full set of sandpaddles on the way from a forum member for some beach runs. Thinking that in the future once its ready for a re-build that a may go for a rat look, with bare metal chassis, but coated in some way to prevent rust, any ideas on this would be more than welcome, or maybe chromed??, dunno yet.

Not chromed. Get it back to the bare metal, let it get a lil bit rusty then go with the clear lacquer. 

More importantly, nice Caterham.

Is that yours?

yep. well and my fathers too, doesn't get used a great deal, but fun when either has the time to take it on those sunny days for a spin

not  a bad idea Dan tbh, its very exposed on the roof, the upload quality to photobucket is poor too I've noticed, when watching in 720p on my lappy it looks great, watching from the links on here its a pixelated mess tbh, maybe youtube would provide a better quality playback??

Just got back in from a few evening runs, few vids now up loading to youtube, which I'll link to this thread once they're done(will take a while) one is a much better speed run in that velodrome, managed a few times to get it up to full beans, but poor light on one of the banks made it difficult to see, the only point of reference was the Superbee LED glowing away letting me no it was facing the right way, heart racing stuff when at full pelt, it hits the sides its game over, next up there is a 70's concrete skate park that I use to frequent in the 80's when I was a teenager, haven't been here in over 20 years and it is a lot tighter than I remember, but I had a bit of a laugh carving across the banks and whipping it around a bowl and up a spline ramp once or twice too. Once they're on youtube I'll put them on here.

• Like 1