• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

No I haven't tried the vaterra springs yet, I was just test running the new shocks and they are good, I just need to make them a little softer as the the back end tends to bounce a bit. But yeah they are great! Thanks for letting me know about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok. Yea they're stiffer have you tried fitting the springs from the old shocks onto them? You can get softer springs for the HPI shocks I they don't fit but I think the harder shocks are better if your doing massive jumps as it will stop it from bottoming out.

All done and cut and fitted perfect! Thanks mate

Edited by Brandon

I emailed modelsport and asked them if this http://www.modelsport.co.uk/castle-max-pro-sct-esc-2400kv-motor/rc-car-products/39947 would fit in the glamis and they said quote 'I can confirm this would fit in the Glamis. You could use stock gearing however due to the lower KV and increased torque over stock you may want to increase the gearing to gain more top speed.'

So I am thinking of this motor.

This is what I've put in mine. It's lower kv so won't spin as fast but has more torque so you can gear it higher. I've changed mine to 32dp gears and run a 18/58 gear ratio.

It's not as quick as the original but my original motor got really got due to the friction from rubbing it in the sand. With the stock 48dp gears you could make it a lot faster.

However the more torque may strip the spur quicker. I've done something to my gearbox as it's making a horrible noise I just havnt had the time to take it out and strip it down.

Oh awesome! Do you have to make the mod with the gear set up to allow you to change the gearing? Or is it best to do so as you have done?

Shouldn't it go faster than the original motor if you gear it correctly? I'm not sure so not quote me :P

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what part this is? I broke it but can't find the part to replace 7a904c063b83761059e7a3f1f42faff2.jpg

3ff730e11518328a70d3c5363d53deeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Brandon

• 3 months later...

Well that's a first that I have seen! Never seen the t-bone on a glamis before! I've never had any issues with the stock bumper as of yet but I like to stick with the scale look. I've upgraded the rear shock to a set of Hpi ones and a few aluminium parts where the previous plastic parts kept breaking, but other than that, it is all stock :)

Edited by Brandon

• 1 month later...

I've had one of these a few weeks now, I really like it I have to say. It has some weak points sure, but most RTRs do, don't they?

I did some mods to toughen it up, I'll get some pics up when I have time

- Robinson 32dp Halix steel spur, fits with no mods whatsoever if you recycle the stock plate and graphite pad.

- HPI branded Castle 4-pole 4000kv motor.

- Losi 8B shocks, with slightly shortened travel. stock shock shafts are very weak.

- RPM Blitz front bumper. holes need reamed slightly to make it fit, much cheaper and less unsightly than the T-bone IMO.

- 2.2/3.0 SCT tyres fit the stock front beadlocks so have some Proline gladiators on the rear for off-road.

Only other thing I would get is the alloy rear camber mount, but I haven't broken the stock one yet :)

Edited by Rossyra

Here's the Robinson Halix steel spur, the pack comes with the hardened 5mm pinion and adapter sleeve

uzp2KWD.jpg

The RPM firestorm bumper, costs about

Yes mate, it comes with a plate, pad, bearing and spring you don't need but the gear goes straight on, no mods, and fits in the case. You just need to use your stock plate, spring and, one of the stock pads as I said. I used 2 of the 4 cone washers that come in the pack too.

Ok awesome! Are you able to fit a bigger motor into it? Say something like the castle 2650kv or something like that? Just in general something bigger :)

You won't get a 40mm motor in there unfortunately, 36mm is the limit really, plus I would think if up you planned on a 2650kv you would want 4s running at least, which is a big ask for that battery compartment.

---

About the tyres, the stock rims are okay with some tyres but not others. I had a set of HPI trepadors on at the weekend which were thrown 5 minutes in on 2s.

Ahh sucks! A couple people on here have the 2400kv motor but had to do the slipper clutch mod. Battery compartment is very limiting! I have the 4000mah nano tech 3s which a lot of folks use.

As for tyres, I have the traxxas speedtreads which fit perfectly! And have plenty of tread left after heavy bashing!

The original rear tyres are good I think. I used the proline sling shot sand paddles and I glued them as the original bead locks are pants. But they're 2.2 so you can find lots of other 2.2 bead locks wheels available that all sorts of tyres go on.

I've since given up on this as the diff bearing seized. Causing the diff half shell to wear, the fear casing to wear and strip two of the cogs in the gearbox.

It's a shame because I've never given up on it and it's a blast to drive, and I think it's one of the best looking rc cars or there.

I've put the motor in a HPI Apache C1 as I like the desert/sand buggy style cars. Shame this is a 4wd and 17mm axles mean you can't get wheels that will look like they're meant for the car.

image_zpsq9ndpuqr.jpg

Edited by burgerboy78