• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

Any of you guys know of any shocks that fit the glamis without any modifications? As I am still waiting for the aluminium vaterra ones to come back in stock in modelsport?

Front or rear Brandon? The hpi trophy rear shocks fit the rears fine just have to cut a bit off the mounting bolt thing they come with. Takes 2 seconds with a hacksaw. Fronts I assume and buggy shocks will fit? I had the abisma 95mm shocks on mine until I broke them aswell.

It's just a case of finding out the measurements of other shocks.

I just need the rear ones mate. Is the mounting bolt too long then? I haven't needed the fronts yet so I hope the will last :) I think the stock rear ones are 114mm. Thanks for the help!

Yep easy as that. I couldn't believe my luck as I wanted a stiffer shock, they're from a 1/8 buggy so they're stiffer and they're the same length. I bought them thinking "they're only a tenner if they're wrong they're wrong" and I couldn't be happier.

Brandon I see you've been posting in the E-Firestorm thread. What's more fun that or this vaterra? I've seen a FS for sale and obviously it's cheaper and easier to fix than this.

I'm so tempted to sell this and get the FS although im in two minds and this looks cooler and I've spent so my time and effort making the thing reliable!

Yeah the firestorm is amazing! They both handle great! I can't really say which is more fun as th both are great fun but with the new firestorm it comes with the speed pack which is the wheelie bar, bigger pinion and smaller spur gear which you can get about 70+ out of it! And also I will be getting the 2400kv castle combo with the FS aswell on 4s so can't wait! I wouldn't sell the vaterra as you may not like the FS and you might regret it but it's a great car.

Yeah it would be great! The parts also come back in stock very quick and are always there where as the glamis parts are not.

I haven't yet as I still need to cancel my back order from modelsport on the vaterra shocks as I've waited about 2 months for the to get back in stock but still haven't come back in yet so once i cancel the order, I will get the shocks you said about

Yea all I do I bash up and and down the beach so the firestorm would probably be faster and easier when I break it! Decisions decisions!

Did you buy those shocks?

Is there a possibility that you could show me exactly where you made the cut on the shocks to make them fit please?

In the picture you can see the silver bits either side of the top of the shock? That's the ball mount but it's a lot longer than that which you can see in the picture of the new ones. Just cut it down so you have the ball part and then nit and bolt it up like the original ones.

image_zpsvpq2rqgt.jpg

Ah ok. Yea they're stiffer have you tried fitting the springs from the old shocks onto them? You can get softer springs for the HPI shocks I they don't fit but I think the harder shocks are better if your doing massive jumps as it will stop it from bottoming out.