• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Phantom RTF

ibo

I've just had her out for a quick test and despite winds of around 12kmh + it flew quite well :)

I took a short vid so will upload soon. I got 6 satellites in my back garden :lol:

First impressions are its so much more balanced and steady than my other two builds. Definitely a great bit of kit and once connected to a PC there's tons of options to tweak and tune, ibo is yours running the latest software ? You can download the files from dji's website. Mine came with firmware 2.0 and I've updated to 2.2 which is needed if your using the IOC.

• Like 1

Looking good Pat!!!!

I'm tempted but think I will get the Naza board and GPS and stick it in/on a self build.

TBH, I like the fast Acro flying more than the GoPro recoding stuff, but I want to give that a proper go too!

Looking forward to the video!

I've just had her out for a quick test and despite winds of around 12kmh + it flew quite well :)

I took a short vid so will upload soon. I got 6 satellites in my back garden :lol:

First impressions are its so much more balanced and steady than my other two builds. Definitely a great bit of kit and once connected to a PC there's tons of options to tweak and tune, ibo is yours running the latest software ? You can download the files from dji's website. Mine came with firmware 2.0 and I've updated to 2.2 which is needed if your using the IOC.

Not sure yet,will try and get on there site today if I can kick the Mrs of the laptop lol,took it out yesterday bit to windy me thinks it chased me round the airfield :yes: it was far to windy so going to hang 5  for better weather,the only camera I have is the Procamv2 not as advanced like yours but sure it will give some good vids,get yours up soon. :thumbsup:

Holy crap hope this doesnt happen to any of us  :sweeeet:

Have been doing some read ups on these kind of probs,only come across one fly away,the guy said he took off and that was it,went over the lake and carried on untill out off sight,wounder if you could get it insured :whistling:

Just got back from first flight and 2 batts later pure satisfaction is my verdict,(apart from standing in some dog crap) its the first time I have put something in the air with props and not crashed lol, few more practice runs,then change props to the graupners and fit the Flycamone2 and off again,need to make some sort of floats up for the skids so I can fly over our club model boat lake..

lake3_zpsac417924.jpg

Edited by ibo
  • Like 1

Nice one IBO and that picture looks ace!

Any carp in there?

Can you run RC boats on that lake?

Sure can,the pic is not mine,my vids are to come hopefully of the race meetings we have :yes: thats why I shall be looking at making some kind of  floats for the Phampton just in case lol

there are fish in the lake but aint clue type..

Edited by ibo

That's a smashing pond mate, I'm green with envy, would love to run my super surge crusher on there.. ;)

There is no me in team..

damn i would be setting up a baited hook line on that trawler you own Ibo. 

RC scale trawler / longline fishing 

the street mud ( as i like to call it) thats what you get for watching the sky lol,

i tend to put on the green farmer type wellys when down the fields lol.

LOL smash you imagine that pond in GTY town centre lol, its to inviting as a skinny dip pool lol,

and i would give it one summer weekend before it was full of kids and rubbish.

Eaton pond went down the same route, used to enjoy watching the boats as a younger lad.

sadly its not like that anymore.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

That's a smashing pond mate, I'm green with envy, would love to run my super surge crusher on there.. ;)

There is no me in team..

It sure is,if ever your in Brid let me know bring ya boat and I will take you up there as a guest..

Edited by ibo

damn i would be setting up a baited hook line on that trawler you own Ibo. 

RC scale trawler / longline fishing 

the street mud ( as i like to call it) thats what you get for watching the sky lol,

i tend to put on the green farmer type wellys when down the fields lol.

LOL smash you imagine that pond in GTY town centre lol, its to inviting as a skinny dip pool lol,

and i would give it one summer weekend before it was full of kids and rubbish.

Eaton pond went down the same route, used to enjoy watching the boats as a younger lad.

sadly its not like that anymore.

its a private club,and yes I agree more so on a hot summers day very tempted,but with the gentry up there and there yachts I think they would blow pipe smoke at me and ask me to leave :xd:

Got them from here,

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/DJI-Phantom-Spares/c-1-199/

You have to drill them out a tad as they are chamferd,I used one of the drills on page 5 of this thread,didnt use a drill just turned them by hand which was very easy,once done I made sure they were balanced ok when done I put a tiny drop (and I mean a tiny drop you dont want it running into the motor) of locktight on the motor shaft and thread to secure them,you need to this as there is no flatspot on the props more so when you have drilled.

Suppose you could shop around for cheaper new props but I have used Buzzflyer for several years now and they have been spot on all the time,hope this info is of help to you :thumbsup:

lol Ibo never mentioned he had the last 50 pairs lol.

yes the DJI motors are a little fatter splined so need a little ream

taken from the prop hub centre.

if you can grab a ream or two , i would say it is seconded by the blade balancer.

two items a flyer should have.

lol Ibo never mentioned he had the last 50 pairs lol.

yes the DJI motors are a little fatter splined so need a little ream

taken from the prop hub centre.

if you can grab a ream or two , i would say it is seconded by the blade balancer.

two items a flyer should have.

lol Ibo never mentioned he had the last 50 pairs lol. :36_11_6[1]: