• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

450 sport

stevek32

Haha no it not a trick question, I just wondered as I bought a 450 sport v2 but it needs some parts and if I type in that model on places like fleabay it doesn't really return any results.

soo that's why I asked as I know its an older model so I thought the parts may be hard to come by, when you say parts are interchangable does that mean with any trex 450 model?.

If so what's the diff between sport, pro, v2 etc.

Haha no it not a trick question, I just wondered as I bought a 450 sport v2 but it needs some parts and if I type in that model on places like fleabay it doesn't really return any results.

soo that's why I asked as I know its an older model so I thought the parts may be hard to come by, when you say parts are interchangable does that mean with any trex 450 model?.

If so what's the diff between sport, pro, v2 etc.

there's loads of difference. i used to have a 450 sport, now have a 450 pro. frame, head, torque tube rather than belt etc .

best thing to do, go on the align site, and look at the images for both, youll get an idea.

re. parts use your manual and the part numbers

^^ A lot will be the same but a lot is also diffrent between the sport and pro, as to its age there will still be plenty of parts apart from that everything you need has been said by the people above me really enjoy it!!

Oh and make sure you take it easy 450s are twitchy compered to the bigger birds you can get and of course being 6ch not easy to fly eaither just take your time!

Thanks guys, the story goes like this,

I picked up a fbl one. Cheap no 3gx or beastx etc.

that's meant to be all she needs, I'm fairly new to it all but I can fly a 130x in circuits with the occasional crash if I pyro the tail. Lol

the 450 has some parts I don't like I.e blue tail boom, blue skids etc.

and could do with a modern canopy....

I chose it for 2 reasons

1 cheap........

The biggest stockest of SE v2 parts I know in the uk is Heliguy. The SE v2 uses diferant frames and bits. The boom is universal on all the align 450s so any one will fit. For canopys you need SEv2 ones the points are two far back for a Sport canno.