• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:24 Recommendations?

AM94

Hi guys,

have been reading all the threads in this forum but haven't found the exact answer to my question.

Looking to have a bit of fun outside, a lot the time on short-ish grass, and wondered which was the best option in the 1:24 size.

Ideally I am looking for a kit that: -

Has easy parts availability

The option to upgrade

and ideally, a nice selection of aftermarket shells

I could also look at 1:18 scale but my first choice was 24 as I'm trying to make it as different an experience as possible to my 1:10

Cheers and thanks in advance. :)

Well for a size check look at this pic the losi mini t on top is a 1/18th and its way smaller. 1/24 might not cut it on grass!!

http://www.msuk-foru...ug-crusher-003/

Thanks for the link.

I realise this is small scale; however, I thought because some are off-roader height, I'd be able to get away with back garden use. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic...

Might be pushing it with 1:24 as 1:18 is rather small too. I have the mini t and a maverick ion both 1:18 and I dont think they'd be too good on grass to be honest, once its dry i'll let you know :thumbsup: Bloody great on the beach though!!

Might be pushing it with 1:24 as 1:18 is rather small too. I have the mini t and a maverick ion both 1:18 and I dont think they'd be too good on grass to be honest, once its dry i'll let you know :thumbsup: Bloody great on the beach though!!

Thanks Jtheg, appreciated :)

Having read some of the reviews on MS about the Micro DT it seems the complaint is that they don't do grass!

Oh we'll, guess I was being too optimistic.

Maybe an indoor Rally 1:24 would scratch the itch!

I would go with 1:18 minimum if your using it outside mate. I have a hpi mini recon, been bashing it hard all weekend and not broken a thing, running on a 2s 2200mah you get over an hours run time aswell.

I'm looking at getting a losi mini 8 aswell, looks like a good kit.

Thanks Jtheg, appreciated :)

Having read some of the reviews on MS about the Micro DT it seems the complaint is that they don't do grass!

Oh we'll, guess I was being too optimistic.

Maybe an indoor Rally 1:24 would scratch the itch!

I'm thinking about the losi micro rally too.....

sent from my s3

I would go with 1:18 minimum if your using it outside mate. I have a hpi mini recon, been bashing it hard all weekend and not broken a thing, running on a 2s 2200mah you get over an hours run time aswell.

I'm looking at getting a losi mini 8 aswell, looks like a good kit.

Thanks Chas, looked at the M-Recon but seems to get mixed reviews; some people say it breaks too easy. Good to hear you're finding otherwise. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about the losi micro rally too.....

sent from my s3

It would seem rude not to :yes:

...would it be wrong to use the cats as a mobile chicane? :deviltongue:

1/24 scale is a no go on grass just don't do well at all .. The rally is good but then again so is the sct .. You can run both out side in a small flat area get a little lost in big space thou .. if you want a garden basher then the ion series are worth a look but a tad big for inside the average home ..

1/24 scale is a no go on grass just don't do well at all .. The rally is good but then again so is the sct .. You can run both out side in a small flat area get a little lost in big space thou .. if you want a garden basher then the ion series are worth a look but a tad big for inside the average home ..

MrDoddy, do you mean the Maverick ion? If so, what is the build quality like? Are they pretty tough little things?

I have the maverick ion mt mate. It is pretty good not yet bashed it that hard. But once it gets it's brushes upgrade we will see. Problems I can see are plastic outdrives and plastic dogbones, but they will be upgraded to alloy soon.

Bought it for 40 quid off here.....

sent from my s3

Yep the maverick ion there pretty good to be fair but as far as brushless on them goes i'd not do it myself.. I had an older atom and it was a blast all the time i had it it never broke not once and i bashed it quite hard.. great fun was had used it at work on those pesky weekends when i was in on my own much better than working !!

I've been hammering the 1:24 Losi Rally brushless around the house this evening and I cannot believe just how fun this little RC is straight out of the box - not only is it mentally fast but on the polished floor in our kitchen it drifts like a little champ. I cannot recommend this micro car enough - bags and bags of fun! :)

Guess you bought a losi rally mate!! I want one now!!! where did you end up buying it from??

Ended up buying it from Model Sport - I could have saved a couple of quid going the eBay route but I was concerned that I'd end up with the V1 (non-brushless, even thought they were using the V2 photos), so went with MS. I've had good service from them and for the sake of

Edited by AM94
  • Like 1

The little Losi 1:24 are great, my micro SCT is probably my favourite RC at the moment :thumbsup: Great for drifting around the kitchen or jumping on the patio. Recommend the brushless one for the extra it costs though, cheaper in the long run!

As previous posts have said, it just doesn't do grass but some 1:18 aren't big enough either - a friend's kid cooked the motor in his 1:18 Smash dragging it's belly through grass for a whole pack...

Recommend the brushless one for the extra it costs though,

I can't get over how quick the brushless is in the house. I may swap over to LiPo but cannot imagine doing the optional motor upgrade - the thing would be uncontrollable unless you lived in an aircraft hanger! It is already like a rabid squirrel hopped up on pick-n-mix.