• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

On 1/18/2017 at 21:57, Wirralnitronoob said:

mine is all back together,my esc doesnt seem as punchy or as fast as it used to so im yet to reprogram that but just had a little go on 4s and she runs like a beauty,so much smoother that the older setup,44ccd06062b3c8f5c02e6ddd92568659.jpg9ae6dc59f92a5b7e9eaf10e3c6f0f2b3.jpg hope you like it,still need to get some nice orange alloy upgrades for it still though ;)
im gonna try and think of a way to change/strengthen the rear body posts as like states they are pretty flimsey,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what was your previous setup mate?

On 1/18/2017 at 21:57, Wirralnitronoob said:

mine is all back together,my esc doesnt seem as punchy or as fast as it used to so im yet to reprogram that but just had a little go on 4s and she runs like a beauty,so much smoother that the older setup,44ccd06062b3c8f5c02e6ddd92568659.jpg9ae6dc59f92a5b7e9eaf10e3c6f0f2b3.jpg hope you like it,still need to get some nice orange alloy upgrades for it still though ;)
im gonna try and think of a way to change/strengthen the rear body posts as like states they are pretty flimsey,,

what was your previous setup mate?

if I can remember, he used to just have the stock setup in his which was a 4000kv motor with a rebranded castle esc. The wr8 isn't ment to run anything over 3s but it certainly takes it like a man! Mine run 6s easily and I think wirralnitronoob can aswell.

• Like 1

That's the thing, I bash the wr8 off road like crazy! And it's great! It's silly quick but great fun! This is mine back last summer as I was trying to demolish the tyres I had on there at the time.
https://vimeo.com/202260141

Edit: for some reason the quality of the vid sucks! 
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

brandon is correct froggy i was running the standard setup
but im putting it down to the kv rate as the hobbywing one is a 2200 and the vektor is 4000,but the vektor can only take 3s i think and i do want to run more thru it,,im gonna get a castle copy combo i think for my 8 but id luke to try keep my kv high too so was mabe thinking a bobbywing quicrun 150amp or a wpsc8 120amp on a 4000kv motor

The 2650kv on 4s is crazy fast for a small car. But the standard 4000kv setup was more than enough for the car.

if you're going back to the 4000kv motor, then you probably won't need any more than the 120amp esc.

im taking the wr8 out again on Sunday so I will try and get some footage if I can remember.

Yeah my mate actually ran 4s with the stock motor and I was shocked as I thought the motor would over heat but it can take it, I don't know if it's safe on the motor tho so you will have to be the guinea pig for us :) 

not good syncro,maybe brandon will buy some shells off you ;),,
not a good day for me either to be honest,after trying a few diffrent motors and escs i have in my 8 i have decided to put the stock back in as that seems alot more responsive and its actually alot faster too,,but then after sorting it all out i decided to give it a run on 3s
crashed it into a parked van and ive lost the rear dogbone :/ apart from that its fine,,it crawled home lol

On 05/02/2017 at 17:56, Wirralnitronoob said:

not good syncro,maybe brandon will buy some shells off you ;),,
not a good day for me either to be honest,after trying a few diffrent motors and escs i have in my 8 i have decided to put the stock back in as that seems alot more responsive and its actually alot faster too,,but then after sorting it all out i decided to give it a run on 3s
crashed it into a parked van and ive lost the rear dogbone :/ apart from that its fine,,it crawled home lol

Same here took it out in the wet hit parked van and seen rear dog bone shooting across the road 

I can't remember how many times I've lost the dog bones now. Too many!
Any of you thought about different bodies for the wr8?
I've herd a lot of people saying the proline vw beetle shell fits. I know about team blue groove racing on eBay and they do loads of bodies for the wr8 but they're expensive lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, matrec said:

Hi all, I got my first rc car this year, joined the ranks of wr8 ownership, I've already done a few upgrades but I'm open to any and all adviceemoji4.png

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Welcome! have you got the alloy hubs etc? Also to note you may find you breaking the upper links a lot. 

Hope you enjoy the wr8 :) 

Welcome! have you got the alloy hubs etc? Also to note you may find you breaking the upper links a lot. 
Hope you enjoy the wr8 [emoji4] 

I do have those yes, and yeah the upper arms were the first thing to break, broken 3 so far[emoji6] I cant seem to find an upgrade though

No there isn't an upgrade specifically for them. You have to make your own ones. I'll try and find the parts to do so but a few pages back, a guy list the parts needed to do this.

edit: it's on page 135 his lists the parts needed bud

Edited by Brandon

No there isn't an upgrade specifically for them. You have to make your own ones. I'll try and find the parts to do so but a few pages back, a guy list the parts needed to do this.
edit: it's on page 135 his lists the parts needed bud

I must be being blind, I can't see it on that page?