• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Oh yh in real life scales its close to a 1/8 true scale but in rc terms 1/9 mayb. Im just wondering because of shells and wheels if 1/8 buggy wheels will fit them ect bcos the stock whell sets cost alot and wear out fast by the sound of it. Thats putting me off. Shells too altho the std shells look very nice theres a subaru 2005 shell on ebay i would use if ut fits.

The traxxas rally i think has my vote atm for the choice but if the super detailed bodies fit it would be better. Looking at that line up tho im not sure they will.

You can get different wheels & bodies for this car yes.... Look around on eBay as I'm sure you'll find one.

I have traxxas KB car too he's nice but very small compared to the 1/8.

But it does come down to personal choice and price of course :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the Silly app to view this post ... Cannot find the sales section!!!

Tap a talk

Go right down the bottom in the app i think!

Edited by 888racer

• 2 weeks later...

Link to buy them?

Wheelspin have them in white, black Edited by J.A.Son
  • Like 1

Incase anyone's interested my flux is reluctantly up for sale in the relevant section. It's the last of my RC stuff, and only being sold as I don't think I'll use it often enough to justify keeping it.

Thanks to everyone that's contributed to my questions, you've all been very polite and friendly; something that's hard to find on the Internet.

Edited by sidewaysjim

Hi guys, just got a wr8 flux off a mate for a good price. I have started at the beginning of the thread but only got as far as may 2013 up to now.

I need a new motor, wheels/tyres and a shell. I've stripped most of it down for a clean and just in the process of servicing the shocks, I already have 30+50wt from other cars so just going to put 30wt in them for now? diffs are next to be rebuilt, I have 7k 10k 5k diff oils from my trophy buggy flux, any suggestions would be great.

Also any links that you know off the tops of your heads for parts would be greatly appreciated

Oh I've gone and picked myself up a 2013 kb body and wheels for my summer WR8 build ;-)

It was a used set in good condition and it came with the cyan speedline wheels with Gymkhana tires in good condition and an extra set of the off road wheels.

Id still like to get a suby body but at least now my build isn't hinging on the it being available in time or not. Lol.

Incase anyone's interested my flux is reluctantly up for sale in the relevant section. It's the last of my RC stuff, and only being sold as I don't think I'll use it often enough to justify keeping it.

Thanks to everyone that's contributed to my questions, you've all been very polite and friendly; something that's hard to find on the Internet.

Jeez, that's a sad story! Sorry to see you go man, cheers.

Oh I've gone and picked myself up a 2013 kb body and wheels for my summer WR8 build ;-)

It was a used set in good condition and it came with the cyan speedline wheels with Gymkhana tires in good condition and an extra set of the off road wheels.

Id still like to get a suby body but at least now my build isn't hinging on the it being available in time or not. Lol.

Finally you have a proper WR8 body! ;)

Your going to love how big/ meaty it looks compared to the SNRS4 Subie and Mitsubishi bodies.

• Like 1

Finally you have a proper WR8 body! ;)

Your going to love how big/ meaty it looks compared to the SNRS4 Subie and Mitsubishi bodies.

Oh yeah! I can't wait! I still want to pick up a Subaru body when they come out. But now that I have a body I feel like I can get to building where before I felt like everything was hinging on whether or not they were going to release the other body here.

I want this build to look and handle awesome so it's going to take some time and effort on my part. I decided to go with the 103395 threaded aluminum shocks all around. I figured if I'm building it from the ground up I may as well do it right!

I'm also glad there is a supply of cheap tires out there now too as it will make hooning on it that much more enjoyable ;-)

A few other bits like? I'm not in any great rush to finish building mine as I find my trophy flux doesn't have many limitations as to were I can play, and if something breaks, then it's earned it lol these seem quite fragile? I'm slowly catching up with the reading on this thread...August 2013 so far haha

Hi Stevo, actually the WR8 is quite a sturdy beast- you have to be really brutal/ham-fisted to break anything.

Having said that, it is an on road rc that can do fantastic 'scale' off roading and some jumping. On 3s it is ridiculously quick and speed, kerbs/parked car tyres will likely result in some damage. This and people who think the wr8 can handle your typica 1/8th scale buggy terrain are where it can inevitably go wrong. Horse's for courses ;)

A neighbour friend of mine has a trophy flux (4s) and out on the street I own him! :D :D :D

Edited by J.A.Son

Ok fair enough j.a. I not read all my way through this thread yet, still at August 2013. it's actually quite nice to catch someone at the end of a thread like this that's been here since the beggining, april '13, just the man I needed to speak to really ha. I looked at these ages ago but didn't get one as some of the things like tyres and bodies seemed silly priced compared to other rc's.

I got it off a good friend really cheep as it needs a few things first. it's all stripped down in boxes at the moment whilst I service and check everything over. I've rebuilt the shocks and ut some 30wt in them as I had it lying around, diffs are in bits as I'm going to be putting oil in them instead of grease as I love how my trophy handles after doing this. I struggled to to separate the crown off the top of the diff case with those silly 1.5 hex's last night so the blowtorch will be out today for another go. Do you have any suggestions as to what oils to put in them? I already have 5,7,10k cst oils and I'm thinking I would do something similar?

Up to now I need wheels and tyres, looking at the fastrax ones mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm also looking at other alternatives Once I find out all the information I need. What offset are the standard/fastrax wheels? And you guys were buying 2 sets of fronts rather than front and rear? Where's the best place to get a motor from? I saw one mentioned at 38quid a few times but never saw a link? Are traxxas, or any other rubber sealed bearings still the way to go? I need the do them all round, they're goosed. I'm not in a big rush to fix it, but at the same time I can't wait for a blast haha they do look fast and fun! has anyone come up with any alternatives to different bodies yet?

No prob Stevo ;)

Lol, starting in the order I can remember:

RC Bearings kit- go for rubber sealed (It says Bullet Flux, but it's the one to go for the wr8)

http://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=15_17&product_id=969

The fastrax wheels and tyres are cheap and the rubber is v good, but the spoked wheels can be a bit fragile, esp if you clout a kerb or similar. Still worth having a set imo as this car does EAT tyres on road. Off road, you won't beat the HPI gravel off road tyre in red compound. Keep them off tarmac etc and they'll last ages, so worth the money. There is so the tyre/wheel combo from Asiatees HK, which Mgoss (aka Mike) has some experience with, similar cost to the Fastrax and possibly bit sturdier?

Motor, the OE Flux. 4000 kv motor can be had here, delivered for around

I was going to edit it, and add that I don't have an on/off switch...is this normal? I wouldn't of thought so but there's no sign of one and nowhere obvious in the wires were it's been joined or something. I have looked everywhere lol even in the rx box haha but you caught me off guard with your speedy reply! Cheers, I thiNo that was it for now questions wise, other than has anyone manages to find another body off a different car to fit? Just for bashing purposes, I will buy a Propper shell one day...