• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

GPM CVD's arrived this week and I've just got around to having a good look.

They look good, using a spiral retaining 'clip' for the axle pin. Pin is a bit on the thin for my liking at 1.6mm compared to the 2mm at the diff end, which seems about same as standard imo.

On the plus side they're relatively easy to break down, should the need arrise. Spiral clip a bit like the ring used to secure your keys together..????

IMAG0010_1.jpg

IMAG0015_1_1.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

Bought a set alloy rear upright s and they're very nice..

IMAG0017_1.jpg

• Like 2

The clear Subie bodies look great and can obviously be customized, but the KB bodies are pricey, even in the chop shops. After all, your just buying stickers (often poorly applied) on a one colour body. And they are all the same. For that kind of money (or less DIY) I'd rather have something custom painted.

• Like 1

Curious to see how the GPM uprights hold up. I run the alloy HPIs, awesome so far, but they are rather pricey. Considering the GPM outfit for a second build.

I received the GPM aluminum steering set up last week, need to install it. Fit and finish looks good. Stiffer than stock plastic, for sure. I already upped the bushings to ball bearings ages ago. Should be nice.

0Oh yeah the GPM CVD's defiantly look easier to work on than the Integy counterparts... and cheaper! I'm kicking myself for not holding out longer for them to be released.

Oh well, you win some you loose some! :hahadance:

Well I don't know Mike, the CVD pin on the integy ones looks beefier than the GPM. whether that becomes an issue is another thing.

The alloy rear uprights do look ok, only time will tell just how good they are, but for

• Like 1

+1

Indeed. I'll be beating the heck out of my integy set for sure. The stock dogbones held up pretty well with my last setup so if the integy ones hold up as well as the stockers I'll be happy.

We will have to do some sort of pin wear comparison at the end of next season to see how they both look along with reporting any failures of either product. 

FWIW I'll also be running the integy "HD" center drive shafts with the new build. I'm very interested to see if the pins last any longer than the stock parts. Seeing as the price of the integy parts were pretty cheap if there is an improvement over stock I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

6a3a9cee80bdfc60698812c2e718ad7b.jpg

This is the one I like!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good. Is this the KB 2015 livery? It's a bummer HPI can't seem to get the license for the current years livery in time to release them while he is still racing that body style. I wonder if it is something contractual that is causing the delay?

You got a link to where it was announced? I've been looking around and haven't seen anything. You would think it would be on the http://www.hooniganracing.com/ site... lol

I saw it here:

https://www.facebook.com/KenBlockRacing/photos/a.161073115764.121142.139454585764/10152704983210765/?type=1&theater

I wonder if HPI will make this one next year

6a3a9cee80bdfc60698812c2e718ad7b.jpg

This is the one I like!!!

An early picture of the 2016 WR8

:)

I would guess that the reason HPI are a year behind in the liveries is just a cost issue.

It's more than likely way cheaper that way.

Edited by Syncro

I'm not impressed with the 2014. Personally it looks awful!!!! Would have preferred this shell to be the 2014 model and maybe the next shell (2016) to be similar to the 2011.

The 2014 Livery isn't bad but I think the one in your pic Sonicr360 is the best. I guess it gets harder every year to keep designing good different liverys. I will still prob buy the 2014 shell once its finally realesed to add to the collection.

The problem I have is I never want to run the dam shells because they look so good! hahaha. I have two of 2013 shells one nitro and one sealed flux, I got the nitro for

55e10b6adb70f80917c9dddbf1f999f5.jpg

This is the shell I like and own .... Quite a few to be honest :)

But I like the newer one like you said.

But they could have done a different colour I agree

• Like 1

I don't know, I kind of like this years model, if you look closely they are finally updating the shell to the actual fiesta ST-

114187_fs_2_1000_557.png

It is funky... and it's growing on me.

114187_fs_1_1000_385.png

I think if I have the money I'll pickup one of the shells for the collection.

I still need to get me one of these too-

113254_113254_03n_800_600.jpg

113254_113254_04n_800_600.jpg

I think they are both great. I'd love to pick up an original shell too but that probably won't happen. lol.

Edited by Mgozzz

You might get lucky with the original shell mgozzz, I just managed to get a new unused one for the collection.

Sonicr360 is that a micro RS4? I thought about one for the house in winter but thought it might be a bit powerful for indoors. Oh and nice keyboard!