• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Then you need to look into batteries. If you do the math (volt x kv of the motor) the sweet spot for the WR8 is right around 50k rpms at the motor with the stock gearing. That is the 4000kv motor running on a 3cell which makes for a smoking fast little car!

If you want to get the same wheel speed out of a 2200kv combo you will look into 5cell batteries or higher and even then you will need to gear it up a bit. A 5cell on the 2200kv will give you 46,000 rpm at the motor vs the 4000kv on a 3cell giving you 50,000rpms.

Does anyone know the numbers/teeth for the input gear- centre shafts & ring gear on the f&r diffs? From what I've worked out (without the numbers for them) the ratio must be something a little less than 2:1, around 32:13..? I'm away from car & bored ;( otherwise I'd get me fingers dirty :)

You've started me off now mike- I'm trying to work out a theoretical pinion-mph guide :o lol

Edited by J.A.Son

Latest video- 

For some reason the car doesn't seem as quick at it was the other day. It is still fast regardless but I think the setup is stressing the batteries at this point. I only have a 35c and a 40c 3s pack at my disposal so I'd like to get my hands on a 60c+ pack to see if it makes a difference. That probably won't happen before winter though.

Edited by Mgozzz
  • Like 2

Latest video-

http://youtu.be/A9noK35tKro

For some reason the car doesn't seem as quick at it was the other day. It is still fast regardless but I think the setup is stressing the batteries at this point. I only have a 35c and a 40c 3s pack at my disposal so I'd like to get my hands on a 60c+ pack to see if it makes a difference. That probably won't happen before winter though.

Mike, I don't know about the other day but that seems bloody quick to me! :o

In the absence of a gps, how about chalk marks across gte road ever 25m or so? Using the time signature from the GoPro would give you rough time-distance..;)

Also, if you think they'd take it, run a set of gymkhana tyres. The blooning will increase the gearing at top end.

Awesome!!

Ahh that's a good idea!... I'll have to try it out at some point. 

So yeah it just doesn't seem to have the punch it had before. The first and second run it seems alright but after that it seems to flatten out. I definitely think it's the batteries.

Just think of wheel spinning punch almost all the way up to the top end. It was absolutely crazy lol.

Edited by Mgozzz

Neat! What do you think? Do they feel close in spring tension and dampening to the stock shocks? Stiffer? Softer?

Shoot some pictures of them mounted up if you can!

Alright mate, from first impressions they feel alot firmer then stock shocks & not as slow on rebound they come pre filled

With oil not sure what wtt is in Der, gonna mount dem very soon, I will keep u posted

• Like 2

hello guys,here is  some pics of my integy piggyback shocks fited

plus few other upgrades added,i have still got other upgrades not fited yet

will fit them soon when got the time

• Like 1

Might be good for your tarmacmuncher then mike!

I think they might be too long. I need to find something in the 65-70mm length. I don't think there is really anything out there that will work though so I'd like to make some custom shock towers out of carbon fiber that will allow me to use the stock shocks.

It will be an interesting winter project.

HI,

Just been given a Team Orion Carbon Pro Lipo, 7.4v 2s 6000 100c, would the WR8 esc and motor take this or is it too much??

Edited by 888racer