• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Yep, they look like 2.2 size with offroad tread.

Nice! I might order a set and see what they are like.

Any one know what size the body posts are on the WR8? Im looking to buy these : http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-body-pin-holders-body-protectors-8mm-large-4-/rc-car-products/35186

Not sure if 8mm is a bit to big though and I am at work so can't measure it just now.

Any one know what size the body posts are on the WR8? Im looking to buy these : http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-body-pin-holders-body-protectors-8mm-large-4-/rc-car-products/35186

Not sure if 8mm is a bit to big though and I am at work so can't measure it just now.

James, I don't think there'll be enough of a gap between body and pin hole on post? I know that when I've used rubber pin tabs and they've slipped around the pin its really hard to get pin into hole! Try cutting a thin piece of card (washer shape) and slipping it over post before inserting body pin.

James, I don't think there'll be enough of a gap between body and pin hole on post? I know that when I've used rubber pin tabs and they've slipped around the pin its really hard to get pin into hole! Try cutting a thin piece of card (washer shape) and slipping it over post before inserting body pin.

Thanks for the tip, i might try that. The original reson I was considering these is because I thought it would make it easier to remove the pins, and thought the protection would be a bonus. Maybe I shall try these instead :

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-body-pin-holders-6-/rc-car-products/32201

And your card methood

Hey I picked up a set of bearings online based on the manual. It said I would need b020 and b021 the 020 set is the ones for the front uprights x4 and the 021 apparently we're for the rear uprights but I the front and back are both the same bearing size (020) so I'm a bit lost. When taking the uprights apart. I saw there was a small spacer in between the internal and external bearing. Could this be the 021.

Thanks.

Oh and no response in regards to the 3.0 clutch bearing. I'll email them again.

^^^^ Can't recall when I did mine, but I thought the f&r used same size. However, a quick look in the wr8 manual and the B021's are for the front hib carriers and the B020 the rears?

Definitely not used as a spacer btw ;)

Edited by J.A.Son
  • Like 1

That's what I though. J.a. Doesn't look like it though. Another thing is that I got a new set of front uprights and the m3 screw home for the top and bottom are too big. I think they are a 3.5. Anyone had this before. It's genuine hpi bits.

There should be a small (~3mmx5mm) square nut for the bolts to screw into. Many ppl misplace them unfortunately- tbh its a pi55 poor method/solution by hpi. Another reason to for the alloy hub carriers, as they're threaded.

These little b4sterds, lol

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/65413/

Edited by J.A.Son

I never ever knew those wee tiny bits were there. We'll I have now just had to email the company back and apologies as I am a took and they are the perfect size haha. I hate this hobby sometimes.

Edited by rcrallyuk

Hey I picked up a set of bearings online based on the manual. It said I would need b020 and b021 the 020 set is the ones for the front uprights x4 and the 021 apparently we're for the rear uprights but I the front and back are both the same bearing size (020) so I'm a bit lost. When taking the uprights apart. I saw there was a small spacer in between the internal and external bearing. Could this be the 021.

Thanks.

Oh and no response in regards to the 3.0 clutch bearing. I'll email them again.

That's a error in the manual, the latest manual has been updated to correct this.

I want to cry. Got the car down to my. Big ash field. It was running amazing. Went to fill the tank and it just popped. Tried to start it and the full engine had split. Right below the cylinder head haha. So can anyone recommend a replacement engine

Yea, that would be a great thing! :D

I really don't understand why HPI don't bring a few (i'd be happy with one tbh!) super nitro/10 bodies back. Surely they still have the molds/tooling and they'd sell whatever they produced over night. Maybe its to do with them being nitro bodies with holes etc? Mind you there's still plenty of nitro WR8 owners out there, as well as those flux owners who wouldn't mind the extra holes anyhow!

Maybe an email campaign is necessary? ;)

HPI's site has the wheels in yellow and orange. Maybe they are going to release a WR8 version of the micro RS4 Subaru WRC STI bodies. Would be nice!

The new wheels and colours would match the Subaru bodies anyway! Fingers crossed they will release a WR8 version of them.