• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

As for tyres will I really be going through them that quick?

On hard ground/tarmac running 3s yes! Unfortunately none of us have found a cheaper non hpi alternative that's man enough to handle power. A few of us have run Fastrax pre-mounted wheel/tyres which are very reasonably priced. However the wheels are a bit flimsy with limited choice of styles available. Shame really as the tyres are actually quite good!

Off road/loose surfaces the hpi 'gravel' tyres last quite well.

Part of the fun- burning rubber! :D

Mr chippy - upgraded diff as in use oil instead of grease in front and rear? J.A.Son - sounds like my old cup racer that I used to run on 3s. Id burn a set of tyres every time I took it out lol! Have you got a link to the wheels you mentioned please?

Mgozzz - ive got a spare savox 1256 that ill be putting in. As for tyres will I really be going through them that quick?

Nice. Keep an eye on the servo saver then. I had problems with mine being too weak. It caused all kind of handling issues from pulling to one side or the other to not centering properly.

You can replace it with an alloy piece or just dab some ca glue on the plastic ring and let it dry.

The only other thing I'd recommend is the HD drive cups and the longer bullet axles with 9mm wide alloy hex hubs.

The longer bullet axles and alloy hex hubs will give you a wider track and cut down on traction rolling. The part numbers are in this thread somewhere a page or two back (I think).

As for saving for tires... Check this out: http://youtu.be/YW9Q6dhUQk4

• Like 1

The only other thing I'd recommend is the HD drive cups and the longer bullet axles with 9mm wide alloy hex hubs.

The longer bullet axles and alloy hex hubs will give you a wider track and cut down on traction rolling. The part numbers are in this thread somewhere a page or two back (I think).

As for saving for tires... Check this out: http://youtu.be/YW9Q6dhUQk4

Mgozzz, cool vid, was that with OE motor and if not mistaken a TBG Impreza body?

Do you have a pic showing wheel offset to body when using the wider bullet axels?

Bunnie, there was quite a lot about the Fastrax wheel/tyres back in this thread somewhere, but scroll down about half way down this link to the Fastrax 1/10th buggy wheel/tyres- off and on road. Note you'll need two sets of fronts for the WR8- ie run buggy fronts front and rear.. ;)

Mgozzz, cool vid, was that with OE motor and if not mistaken a TBG Impreza body?

Do you have a pic showing wheel offset to body when using the wider bullet axels?.. ;)

Yup that was with the stock motor and a 3s battery. The body was off one of my old super nitro rallys. But yeah it is the same as the TBG ones.

I have a bunch of pictures. They are all with the Subaru body though so I don't know how well you will be able to tell the difference.

This is with the axles specifically.

http://m.imgur.com/a/EqHZY

And this is the rest of my gallery.

http://m.imgur.com/account/gozzz/albums

Just remove the m. to access the non mobile version of the site.

• Like 1

Yup that was with the stock motor and a 3s battery. The body was off one of my old super nitro rallys. But yeah it is the same as the TBG ones.

I have a bunch of pictures. They are all with the Subaru body though so I don't know how well you will be able to tell the difference.

This is with the axles specifically.

http://m.imgur.com/a/EqHZY

And this is the rest of my gallery.

http://m.imgur.com/account/gozzz/albums

Just remove the m. to access the non mobile version of the site.

The wheel offset looks great with that Su10 body, might have to give that a try and see how it looks with fiesta shell.. :) Can you measure width of the scoob body- take it you don't have a OE WR8 shell?

Great gallery btw, what are the none hpi? wheels and tyres in the 'castle 3800' folder?

What's this, is it at the baggington RC club? Do you have web a link? Might have to find time (not easy! :( ) to go ;)

dist_header2011.jpg

23 April 2014 - MYhpi Newsletter

hpi-challenge_n_bash-logo.png

If you want to have a fun day of laid-back racing, HPI bashing and checking out HPI off-road models, come to the HPI Challenge & Bash Party on the 27th of April

That's THIS SUNDAY!

RACING

We'll have fun racing happening in various classes:

• Buggy (Trophy buggy, Pulse and similar)
  • Truggy (Trophy Truggy, Hellfire and similar)
  • 2WD truck (Firestorm, Blitz and similar)
  • Monster Truck (Savage, Bullet and similar)
  • WR8

If enough racers in any class show up with nitro AND electric models to make groups of 4 or more, we'll split the classes up - there need to be at least 4 vehicles to make a separate racing class.

Rules: 

The wheel offset looks great with that Su10 body, might have to give that a try and see how it looks with fiesta shell.. :) Can you measure width of the scoob body- take it you don't have a OE WR8 shell?

Great gallery btw, what are the none hpi? wheels and tyres in the 'castle 3800' folder?

Thanks man. The tires at tamiya tgx rally block tires. They are hard rubber and work pretty good for drifting.

well am gettin ready to leave liverpool in a bit an head down to coventry for hpi bash if any of u guys r u goin come find me and say hi ill be the one wth the full green integy flux and a recked kb body aswell as the nitro version, have fun today if u mange to get out :D

Took my wr8 flux for it first real test last night. 2s was ok at the car park I go but lacked the top end that like. 3s soon make a difference to that. Gonna have a play with gearing, shock oils and spacers etc and fine tune it to how I like it. Seems like this one might be a keeper!

Reading all this, think I'm going to have to add one to my fleet (doesn't seem though there is many about for sale)

Change of circumstances means ill be selling my ken block wr8 flux. Currently in talks with another member atm but if that fall through ill be putting it in the for sale section / ebay. Just thought id give you guys the heads up first.

So how was the HPI Bash? You guys are pretty lucky to be able to attend. I'm on the East Coast of the US and for as long as I remember we haven't ever had a HPI event near me (they are on the opposite coast..). I'd love to attend one.

So in Mgozzz WR8 news all my HD drive cups finally came in. I installed the ones for the center diff and the front and rear diff. For the center diff I used 100k silicon oil (same as stock) and for the front and rear I used 10k. I had previously been running 10k front and 7k rear so I'm patiently waiting for the weather to clear here to try the new combo out.

I also decided to dump the Traxxas shocks... I may decide to go back to them if I don't like the stock shocks but i changed them out because no matter what I did I couldn't get them to stop bouncing... I tried a bunch of different rate springs and nothing seemed right. For on-road it wasn't bad but anything with bumps and the car would be all over the place. They kind of defeated the purpose of the chassis.

Here they are installed in the center diff. I ended up ordering a new unit from JRC on eBay ($19.90 shipped) because I didn't want to be bothered with cleaning and taking the old one apart. New parts just make everything nice and easy:

8GkwsgYl.jpg

And here are the Front and rear diffs. I also ordered 2 new diff cases (just the case) form rcplanet.com. They had the best prices I could find online with shipping. At the same time I also ordered new center drive shafts just to make sure I'm starting everything new at the same time. I had 2 spare diffs to work with so I didn't have to take the old ones apart yet (no down time!). These look pretty sweet:

CiLH6g9l.jpg

So now I just have to drop them in along with the new HD F/R diff input cups and the car will be nice and refreshed. On a side note I also ordered a rubber sealed bearing set from fasteddybearings.com and everything the driveline rides on is going to be nice and fresh.

Annnddd.... The Castle 1410 3800kv is a massive burly beast in the WR8. If anyone is even thinking about dropping one in do it! On 3s it is the cast ass...

Well that was long winded... lastly rain, rain go away! MGozzz wants to go out and play! Haahaha. 

MGozzz, diffs look great and you now have plenty of spare backups, lol ;)

Don't feel too bad about the HPI bash. I'm only 12 miles from where it was held yet still couldn't attend- now that was a sickner. Bet the next one won't be so close..! :(

MGozzz, diffs look great and you now have plenty of spare backups, lol ;) Don't feel too bad about the HPI bash. I'm only 12 miles from where it was held yet still couldn't attend- now that was a sickner. Bet the next one won't be so close..! :(
Yeah I have plenty. I need to stock up on some arms and hubs now and I'll be al set.

The hpi bash was really good even with the crappy weather
Nice. Yeah I really want to go to something like that. I'm just really out in the middle of nowhere though. The closest model shop is an hours drive away. At least I have places to drive so it isn't all that bad. Edited by Mgozzz

well am gettin ready to leave liverpool in a bit an head down to coventry for hpi bash if any of u guys r u goin come find me and say hi ill be the one wth the full green integy flux and a recked kb body aswell as the nitro version, have fun today if u mange to get out :D

I just checked out the HPI press report for the event. http://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2014042801

Is this your WR8 MrChippy?

2014042801_14_800_600.jpg

The car looks pretty darned sweet! And it reminds me I really need to get myself a motor fan... Ha!

It looks like there was a good WR8 turnout there. Good job representing the car! I really hope HPI decides to keep it around and put some more R&D into it.

Anyone want to claim their cars in the HPI pictures? 

• Like 1

yh mgozz that's me and my beast lol

also mine

2014042801_16_800_600_zps2c1a7862.jpg

my mates

2014042801_20_800_600_zps29eced73.jpg

then 

2014042801_25_800_600_zps4958ea95.jpg

KB 2012 mine White left side mine Abu Dabi center my friends and the blue castrol was hpi franks, the white one was one of the R&D lads then the new KB was off the stand