• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Anyone got a spare 107885?

i have snapped the same piece in the past and had to buy a steering rack off ebay that had that part included as i could not find them anywhere in stock!! edit that modelsport has them in stock and they are only

Edited by bobby288

That's unusual to bend the turnbuckle!? Usually its the plastic ball end that bends/splits and you should have some of those in the ball end set you ordered for you top links.

I recently clattered a tree root and thought I'd broken an a arm, as both wheels were pointing in opposite directions! It was actually the servo saver doing its job and everything sprung perfectly back into place. You might want to check your servo savers working ok and not too tight. That could explain the steering link/track rod taking a beating!

How did you get on putting the top/camber links together?

Edited by J.A.Son

Having bought the Abu Dhabi painted shell to use and abuse I was wondering whether there were any spoilers/wings that I could buy which could be made to fit? Not talking about anything ridiculous, any ideas?

Having bought the Abu Dhabi painted shell to use and abuse I was wondering whether there were any spoilers/wings that I could buy which could be made to fit? Not talking about anything ridiculous, any ideas?

We're looking into that one. So far there's nothing obvious, other that a DIY attempt..:D

Keep watching...;)

We're looking into that one. So far there's nothing obvious, other that a DIY attempt.. :D

Keep watching... ;)

Ha, good stuff.

I had a Google last night and the closest I could find that looked even vaguely sensible was the Traxxas spoiler for their Fiesta. Unfortunately the Fiesta is much narrower than the WR8 so would have looked odd!

• Like 1

^^^^^ some of the 1/10 touring car 'tea tray' spoilers 'may' be modified to fit, as generally they're the correct width ~150-170mm.

Not too sure how they'd look tbh, but if you could mount one 'just' standing off the roofline, it may look ok??

I'm currently working on a piece of sheet aluminum in an attempt to fabricate my own. Work in progress.....

Ha, good stuff.

I had a Google last night and the closest I could find that looked even vaguely sensible was the Traxxas spoiler for their Fiesta. Unfortunately the Fiesta is much narrower than the WR8 so would have looked odd!

Hmmm, how much are those traxxas spoilers? How about buying two and splicing..? ;)

Got on fine with my camber links just need to adjust them so I get even wear and tear on my tyres

My servo saver poped off the other day when I hit a kerb in the rain and I think I was turning at the time so that's why it's bent but not to sure will see if av straighten it out today.

And here the traxxass wing

http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/12533083321872941988?q=1/16%20traxxas%20spoiler&num=20&bav=on.2,or.&biw=1024&bih=672&sa=X&ei=suG6UbuUK8HPOZfugJAL&ved=0CFMQ8gIwAw&prds=scoring:p

Anyone know how wide these wings (or the 1/16 traxxas rally body) are? If like most traxxas stuff its going to be more like a 1/10 size, which would be better, as I'm not sure looking at its profile, how much you'd be able to extend without it looking like an archers bow/3..!?

That's what I'm thinking. I've emailed modelsport asking for its width, which needs to be around 150-160mm iirc?

If its around that I might just order one to have a play with..:) If it works well I'll be buying up every spoilerless AD body I can lay my hands on..:D

^^^ lol, I bet you're afraid to open the packaging, mines still sealed in the bag! :o

MrC not had chance to try them yet, but I was having a closer look at them today and got to say they look good quality, they tyres as super soft too. So I recon they'll be great on grass etc, but tarmac etc, with the WR8's torque, will likely wear them quickly. Lol, a bit like the hpi WR8 tyres then! :P

Just had an outing with mine and done some huge jumps. All was going well until the red ESC wires solder melted again. That's it, the cover is staying off in future. Luckily didn't have much battery time left though. At least I didn't break anything this time.

One thing I did notice, grippy off road tyres plus a really quick servo (Savox 1258) means lots of easy rolling.