• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North west bashers talk.

hebby

Come along mate your more than welcome :-) If you want pm me or bobby and will give you a number to text if you get lost ;-)

Yeah I'll be there bout half past ;-)

OH PAT! I got you something lol came with my Hobbyking order :-) A nice big chrome Turnigy badge ;-) only bought a OrangeRx receiver as well lol

• Like 1

i can see why you all (mark,hebby and pat) are all getting into the flying side of the hobby it is very addictive. i was gutted my batteries run out on sunday (couldn't believe i got both batteries through it without crashing) and i was only hovering, just ordered a couple more batteries for the heli, i'm going to keep practicing what the teacher tought me the other week then when i have sussed it out go back for another 2 hour lesson because he was very good and i would recommend him to anyone wanting to fly a helicopter and has not got a clue (like me) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i see where your coming from mate and agree it is definitely not as easy as it looks and can be very rewarding. BUT have to say it is good fun when there is a few of u nailing it towards that ramp and there is complete carnage after the landing or landing a double flip jump with a monster truck or buggy :yes:

• Like 2

Bobby I've tons of plasterers tape mate ill throw you a roll next bash. It's slightly adhesive so cut pieces and coat up inside of shell then just spread shoo goo or silicone all over the tape, tis easy mate and has given a couple of my badly beaten shells a new lease of life :D

• Like 1

when u use gorilla tape dave do u use it on its own or as suggested above with the plaster board stuff??

thanks pat i will get it off u next time. i am just ordering a new shell for the mt but i am going to spend time this time re-enforcing it so can order which ever tape is best from wheelspin now

Edited by bobby288

when u use gorilla tape dave do u use it on its own or as suggested above with the plaster board stuff??

I have used it instead of goo when I did not have any, but have seen people add a layer after a goo and mesh layer, also great stuff for strapping wheels.

• Like 1

typical shoe goo out of stock at wheelspin, which is the only place has the other parts i need!!

je has some so i will have to pop down there

Edited by bobby288

whats all this gold member stuff anyway guys.. just seen a lad in the rally section with only 120 posts and he is gold and i am poxy members :sly:

whats all this gold member stuff anyway guys.. just seen a lad in the rally section with only 120 posts and he is gold and i am poxy members :sly:

You need to become gold by paying

You can just use a clear silicone from a 99p store and buy a cheap silicone gun there too. Just read the curing time on the instructions. That will give you your curing time.

I am going to do the body of my Rustler before i smash it, as i awlays seem to land on the roof. I haven't quite mastered the full flip yet.

• Like 1

haha how much help have you 2 had from this forum? i don't know how much, but i see you ask questions from time to time and i'm sure someone answers with help half the time.....the forum has helped me get to where i'm at with the painting so i don't mind donating to the server costs and running of the site.....2 lads who spend the most on RCs and you moan about a fiver hehe ...i get where you're coming from but thought i'd let you know where i'm coming from :)

This site isn't owned by a modelshop ha ha it's owned by nick and he has to cover all server costs etc, yes it's linked to Modelsport and I should imagine they have some sort of deal but let the lad earn a few quid out of his website :lol:

He's kept the forum free from tons of adds etc so ill pay

Edited by Toxic Basher

calm down.. i never said i have never had help or advice, ive had ALOT but every advert on the site is for modelsport so surely there is payment from them.. anyway its doing my head in that someone who only joined last week is a gold member and i am bloody members (wrote in black and not gold) just to let everyone know that i have not donated :sly: so i feel i am forced in to it anyhow and shall donate to keep you all happy (and obviously have GOLD MEMBER under my name) :whistling:

calm down.. i never said i have never had help or advice, ive had ALOT but every advert on the site is for modelsport so surely there is payment from them.. anyway its doing my head in that someone who only joined last week is a gold member and i am bloody members (wrote in black and not gold) just to let everyone know that i have not donated :sly: so i feel i am forced in to it anyhow and shall donate to keep you all happy (and obviously have GOLD MEMBER under my name) :whistling:

i haven't donated either mate I'm going to I've just not got round to it yet. I didn't know you get gold member under your name though