• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dual servo

Defender Josh

seems odd that some 5 owners are going the dual servo route, is there really any need? I have an FG MB Pro which is full alloy & also using the bigfoot monster rims/tires, im pretty sure the weight of my FG will be heavier than most stock 5's & also the wheels on my FG will be heavier too, im using a single mpex rhino digi 4 & it turns on a dime even when static, i know a few years back going dual was pretty much a must as most servos on the market didnt have the toque to manage the job solo so people went dual setup. But nowadays theres more than enough torque in single servos providing you get a decent one to do the job on its own, alslo 50% less drain on ya battery using single setup :)

• 2 weeks later...

Look what arrived today :)

20130218_183743_zpsc2c011bf.jpg

20130218_200331_zps8f0639b8.jpg

20130218_202938_zpsf22a3f02.jpg

20130218_210015_zpse4814423.jpg

They accept stock size servo plus Savox etc, and will accept the Dark soul meaty mounts if you want to run Hitec's.

Made from 4mm aluminium, and precision cut on a multi axis waterjet.

I have a few extra if anyone wants one. All you'll need to sort are the servo linkages (I'm using Baja steering turnbuckles with an M3 ball insert), servo arms and a few nuts and bolts.

I will be moving my receiver to the battery box, but there is room on the plate to mount a receiver box or if your racing a transponder would fit nicely.

Drop me a PM if you want one.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...