• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can anyone identify this ?

Didds

Ok,thanks for that.

I might even get back into RC now when this shows up.

Anyone know where we could get a manual for this Enrage ? I have been to FTX but nothing there and done a google search but cant seem to find one.

One video i watched on youtube said about changing the settings on the ESC to make it faster\slower im curious to how this is done,sorry but things have moved on alot since i had a go last :/

In the second picture it looks like it just has a standard size NiMH in there?

I think you are correct,here are the specs from the FTX website:

http://ftx-rc.com/rc-car-kits/electric-rc-cars/ftx-enrage-brushless-rtr-supersize-buggy

Says 3800mah NiMh 7.2v battery and wall charger

I found the manual in PDF on that page too :thumbsup:

It takes a saddle type battery layout - so I'd suggest getting a set of these and a lipo charger anyway. It will run for longer and go faster too.

On looking at the photos again correct me if im wrong but it does not look like saddle packs in there ?

The Enrage has saddle pack batteries and im pretty sure this does not,could it be a Vantage?

Its an Enrage, but running stick packs. Further research has suggested early Enrages used saddles (the one I've seen on did) but at the time it was commented that saddle pacsk were not a good idea on an entry level car, so it looks like later ones use a stick pack. The underside shot shows the slots for the original saddles, and as you can see the stick pack is mounted on its side so it can clear the spur gear.

Its an Enrage, but running stick packs. Further research has suggested early Enrages used saddles (the one I've seen on did) but at the time it was commented that saddle pacsk were not a good idea on an entry level car, so it looks like later ones use a stick pack. The underside shot shows the slots for the original saddles, and as you can see the stick pack is mounted on its side so it can clear the spur gear.

So do you think i could use both stick and saddles in it as i bought the pack you recomended above for it.

I guess i could eBay them if not and get a stick.

Saddle packs might be a little too big... Don't do anything till you receive them and try them. If not sell 'em on eBay and buy some decent stick packs, maybe even lipo ;)

Yea in hindsight i should have waited untill he got it but wanted to get him a spare for longer run time as a surprise!

Would the ESC need to be changed to use Lipo battery ?

Fair enough, everybody does it mate ;) You wouldn't need to change the esc but you might need an LVC (low voltage cutoff) This cuts off the power to the esc when the lipo voltage gets to a certain point. This makes your batteries last longer and perform better charge after charge. These can be picked up of eBay for 3-4 quid :)

No - that esc is lipo compatible. Just make sure the Lipo cutoff is on.

You can run saddles end to end in the space for a stick pack anyway. Thats what I do in my Durango because my cells were all saddles but the car takes sticks.

Ok,thanks guys.

Thanks for all the help you have given us,im not sure who is most excited here me or my son!! Im curious to see what electric is like over the Savage nitro i used to have,i think i could get back into this if things dont break every time we take them out.

Its built in to the ESC. You'll need to read the esc manual to find out how to set it up, or at least post a clear picture on here of the esc so we can identify it and track down a manual if you don't get one.

this on as shown in the pictures is a BSD 1/10th. not quite the ftx though it shares the same parts.

for spares, go to CenturyUK http://www.centuryuk.com/Spares/Car-Spares/BSD-Car-Spares/Electric-Compression-10th

or blacksmith products.

the ftx has a saddle pack config for the battery and the bsd takes a stick.

it can take std 2s lipo.... i have turnigy hard case 5Ah sticks in mine.

in general it's a good care but be prepared to unbend the blue aluminium plate on a regular basis if you take jumps.

they retail for

the ESC has the voltage cut off built in but will need to be anabled via a program card.

since on your picture you seem to have an NiMh pack.

Lipo is well worth it on this car! huge difference!

the ESC has the voltage cut off built in but will need to be anabled via a program card.

since on your picture you seem to have an NiMh pack.

Lipo is well worth it on this car! huge difference!

Yes that is the buggy for sure,thanks for that.

I have it now but with the snow have not really had the chance to look at it.

I did buy the saddle pack that were linked above,do you think we could still use them in it ? I notied the connectors are different but i asume i could change the 4mm plug type to a T connector ?

When i looked over it i did notice the servo maybe clicking on full right lock,will have to have a closer look when i get more time.

Thanks again

When i looked over it i did notice the servo maybe clicking on full right lock,will have to have a closer look when i get more time.

ohhhh... mine did that pretty much out of the box!!! at the time i took it back to modelzone and the guy fixed it. that was my first rc so i did tinker with the servo.

get a spare 1 coz i think the gears are chewed!

for the saddle, you can reconvert it to saddle config but you will need to move the esc around.

Personally i would not use saddle pack since they seem a bit more expensive.