• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hop ups for thunder tiger eb4 s2 pro

jack webb

Anything over 100 and your not going to get any return on the compression. I use 80 all round with the lower arms level, but that for on road use. If I were to go off road id use 80 all round with no set screw in the lower arm and then use pre-load clips depending on how bumpy the surface is.

• 5 months later...

Cheers ill give it a go, although it is in bits now after a run out last night... Needs a new fuel tank(I have no idea how it broke in 2 but it did!) couple of bent screws, also diffs have standard rubbish in them so. Putting 7,7,5 in them to keep them running for a little while 1 way bearing went on the pull start, All needs a good clean oh yeah and the engine got flooded..... with water...

Fingers crossed I can fix it all with plasters and some calpol!

I am a little worried that all this happened in 1 tank of fuel... But I was really giving it a good beating and the whole water in the engine thing is all my fault anyway for being a rubbish driver.

But on the plus side we got some good pics of it

An easy way to do the o.w.b is to remove the 4 bulkhead chassis bolts and lift up the rear end off the chassis to allow you to reach the bottom right hand side screw on the pullstart. It'll need a clean, but if its slipping it'll need replacing soon anyway, wat I do is buy just the bearing and press out the old one and press in the new one. This way for the price of a new nut you can buy a dozen bearings.

Yeah I know... I need to strip it down and give it a poke... I'm hoping that water didnt get in but I didn't see the puddle till it was too late :(

I wonder if modelsport will take it back... I have the recept ;)

That's a good idea on the pull start... Give it a try although it seemed to behave itself later in the day so dunno what's up with it... Since its all apart for a clean/maintainence/bodging the fuel tank back together session ill have a look at it take it out, might be something silly like dirt etc in there I won't know until I get round to it (sometime over the weekend).

Gave it a quick look and it was filthy in there! all working now though thanks to a soak in some turps and a bit of wd40 :)

I do have a problem now though and thats the fuel tank.. its absolutly had it! 

the chaps down at my local track said Thunder tigers were well known for having less than reliable fuel tanks so I have a dilemma.. do I get a replacement TT tank which could go the way of the first (it took about 6 tanks of fuel for it to die) or should I look at another models tank which can be persuaded to fit...

I would like to opt for the latter so was wondering if there are any suitable replacements out there that wont break in 2.

thanks 

Matt