• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ANOTHER hyper conversion FINISHED ! now with vids!

ts4n

I'm a total noob at brushless I just ordered the kit from Hong Kong what motor and esc combos you guys recommend I want a water proof set up for winter bashing

Edited by ts4n

For waterproof but its only 4s. So your be better with 2200kv or 2650kv motor.

Look at this on eBay:

E-Express EZRUN WP SC8 Waterproof 120A Brushless ESC Speed Controller HOBBYWING

http://bit.ly/132LpEx

This would be better 4-5-6s compaterble .

Look at this on eBay:

Hobbywing Xerun Sensored 150A ESC + 2200KV Motor +Card for 1:8 Car RC Car #34630

http://bit.ly/XfMxVV

As for lipos 5000mah 40c plus have a look on hobbyking or gen ace from giant shark

Gearing will depend on what setup you go for.

Edited by big turbo

I'm a total noob at brushless I just ordered the kit from Hong Kong what motor and esc combos you guys recommend I want a water proof set up for winter bashing

You ditching Nitro completely buddy?

I've got the xerun 150a/2200kv bundle as mentioned above. It's awesome, but not waterproof. I use a protective cover on it (link) and reckon it's good for pretty much any amount of spray, but obviously not for being submersed.

Edited by alturner

I would go for something like this:

http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERUN-4274-2000KV-Brushless-Motor-EZRUN-WP-SC8-120A-ESC-Combo-ME222.html

Ive had a few WP SC8's and never had a problem and they have both been submerged in water ;).

I wouldnt bother with the Mamba Monster 2 as it hasnt been tried and tested yet!

Good Luck.

Thanks.

Not sure what diff that is to be honest.

I use 10k front 30k centre 7k rear

But next time I have the diffs out going to change to 7k front and 5k rear.

Have you got a dremel? Or any thing you can use to make a slot in the head and then use a flatnbladed screwdriver to undo it

How come you've got new shock towers?

For my diffs i've put - 7k front, 50,000k middle and 7k rear

Aaah okay :)

Have you had a look at the Hyper ST shock towers? I've got them on my Hyper 7, mega beefy and a very worthy upgrade.

Liking you chassis too - Is it longer than the stock one?

Yea might try that I need that post or I'd just chop it off lol my rear tower is ever so slightly bent so thought I'd put some new ones on

Another option, if you have any cheap allen keys is to super glue one in. I always try that before resorting to the dremel (Mainly cos I can never find the thing) Just make sure you give the slot a good clean out first so you can get the key all the way in.