• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya AVANTE 2001

SirusDviruS

I've just dug this out of my mums loft, it's in excellent condition needing only 1 or 2 little parts to complete as far as I can see.

Having a google it seems this is a very rare and sought after model? Is this right?

So the question is, sell or restore?

I could do with some pennies to throw at the hyper, what's it worth?

Pics soon :)

A think the older ones are more of a rare item ;-)

My mate used to have one around 1994 :-0

And I watched him throw it in the bin cos it didn't work :-( if only I knew hen what I know now :-(

There was an avante (mk1 if you will) and an avante 2001 (a mk2) which was out the same time as the egress.

The 2001 doesn't relate to the year it was released.

It's not a re-issue (did they do one?) It was mine as a kid :)

Still got my Avante 2001 that I used to race indoors back in 1990 when it came out!

I think the line up of release was Vanquish, Egress & then the Avante 2001!

the Avante was originally released late 80's (88 i think) & was named "Avante" i had the hotshot II around 1987, the avante was released not long after that.

The Avante 2001 was a re-release/hopped up version of the avante which boasted carbon fibre parts etc & was released around 1990

the Avante was originally released late 80's (88 i think) & was named "Avante" i had the hotshot II around 1987, the avante was released not long after that.

The Avante 2001 was a re-release/hopped up version of the avante which boasted carbon fibre parts etc & was released around 1990

It didn't have carbon fibre parts. It had carbon graphite.

The carbon fibe was a hop up to give it the Egress chassis.