• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Air Gun licensing in Scotland.

hazza1304

Actually there was an attack in I think it was China only a few hours earlier. Same concept - guy goes nuts in a primary school but the difference was he had a knife not a gun. As a result there were 24 injured but nobody died.

Its most certainly the perp that does the crime, but clearly a better equipped criminal can do a lot more damage.

As for the ammo sales - the NRA claim that the whole deal would have been over without any innocent loss of life if the teachers had been armed themselves. Because obviously taking a gun to a primary school each day is a great idea.........

the only people gun laws/restrictions of any kind affect is honest john (the legal owners) as the guy with an illegal weapon under his bed or the guy thats got one to threaten someone or commit armed robbery have NEVER abided by any rules or regulations applying to the illegal use or ownership of the weapons anyway ??? the handgun ban after dunblane only hurt the legal law abiding gun owners anyway , the criminals never turned their weapons in when the ban was introduced did they ??? so any legislation ever introduced regarding firearms or rifles/guns of any kind will have no effect or bearing on the criminal / bad element who are MAINLY giving weapons a bad name , i had my first gun when i was 3 years old , a jaguar air rifle bought for me and my brother , one each for a chrismas present , i have shot ever since all types of weapons ,calibres,quarry, countries, continents ,and company , and so has my brother , and never had an incident of any type ?? its about education and not legislation , GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE ...........................PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But people with guns kill with ease and those without don't. Lanza, the latest loon, was a stick thin dweeb, without access to his mothers guns he couldn't of punched his way out of a wet paper bag! But give him an assault rifle............

I think it's a damn good idea. I think we have it right in this country in terms of gun control. My father owns Shotguns and bullet guns, has legitimate licenses for both, has to put any gun he purchases on his ticket and has 3 high security gun cabinets bolted to the wall (can't even get a crowbar behind them) and a few ammo cabinets aswell, also bolted to the wall. It's heavily governed by the Police and they have to know of every gun he purchases, and they came over when he first got his ticket to ensure the cabinets were correctly bolted to the wall and he knew how to do everything safely. He does all this as a hobby and for pest control, and he loves it. He did used to own air guns but got bored of them.

Lee.

Gang members shoot each other with illegal guns, but they don't tend to get many innocent people in the crossfire. Illegal guns are a risky proposition (since mere possession will get you banged up or shot) so even criminals don't wave them around. Besides whilst guns are easy enough to get hold of good ammunition is actually much harder to source. Consequently most owners of illegal guns have never actually fired the thing because they have nowhere to practice and can't get more bullets.....

Spree killings however almost always involved legally owned weapons. Not always the killers own, but registered firearms the killer knew how to access easily. Strangely enough spree killers are not normally the sort of people who'd get an illegal gun - most ironically would want nothing to do with criminals! As a result restricting legal arms will restrict spree killers, just not all firearms deaths.

Legal weapons are also most frequently used in 'crime of passion' unpremeditated murders. In fact, if you aren't in the police or involved in criminal activities yourself you actually have more to fear from legal guns than illegal ones......

I think it's a damn good idea. I think we have it right in this country in terms of gun control. My father owns Shotguns and bullet guns, has legitimate licenses for both, has to put any gun he purchases on his ticket and has 3 high security gun cabinets bolted to the wall (can't even get a crowbar behind them) and a few ammo cabinets aswell, also bolted to the wall. It's heavily governed by the Police and they have to know of every gun he purchases, and they came over when he first got his ticket to ensure the cabinets were correctly bolted to the wall and he knew how to do everything safely. He does all this as a hobby and for pest control, and he loves it. He did used to own air guns but got bored of them.

Lee.

so what kind of law or legislation would stop a person in this situation from going on a killing spree ???????? none !!!!!!!!