• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sams Leccy Baja.

samshirley001

• 3 weeks later...

Sam, worry to hear both you and the build have been unwell..

8s is more than enough for a Baja, honestly....you will still spin the rears at full pelt, anything more is just wasted IMO. As for the slipper clutch, In run one on my 5sc but not on the 5b. It seems to make little difference to performance and is becoming a pia, it will loosen during one run to the point of serious power loss....as it is a wheel off job to tighten it, it is annoying. It may have saved the transmission from grief, however I abuse the B equally and have had no issues with a failing transmission. For note, we run 16/57 on both cars, 7s 8000mah and thus far, all works very well....

Hope u get it sorted

finally, someone else posted, so i dont triple post :P

That Turnigy speedo turned up last week i think, and its incredible.

on 8s, with those 8000mah zippys every baja owner runs practically, i get around 30 mins run time.

driving this thing is something else, behaves a bit like a 10th SC, but bigger. as in sloppy but predictable handling.

jumping is a LOT of fun, i can get around 5ft of height from about 5ft run up. Just having an issue with bottoming out, and destroying the grass that i run it on.

the only issues i had so far is the motor moving in the mount once and destroying a spur, and the pinion occasionally comes loose, but i LOVE this thing.

an electric baja is something everyone should try.

BAD NEWS

i landed a jump a bit iffy yesterday, and stripped ANOTHER spur.

with the UK going mental because 1CM SNOW OMG, i'll ask MMR to see if they have some, as they go the the CWIC, adn have a stand selling stuff,, i'm sure they can chuck in a couple of spurs for me.

BAD NEWS

with the UK going mental because 1CM SNOW OMG, i'll ask MMR to see if they have some, as they go the the CWIC, adn have a stand selling stuff,, i'm sure they can chuck in a couple of spurs for me.

with stripping so many spurs have you considered the hpi power control slipper clutch http://www.davesmotors.com/85474

BAD NEWS

I'll be honest, if you're stripping spurs you'll need to look for an actual solution, as opposed to just replacing them, as the diff will go eventually i'd imagine.

• Like 1

the main thing thats killing spurs isnt the POWAAA, but where the motor comes a bit loose from the spurs, mainly due to a dodgy landing

As IB says, why isn't the motor secure? That will be the problem that needs to be resolved.