• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TS4N second gear question

dandor

hi guys, im new to rc nitro so im sorry if this sounds a bit dumb. my ts4n wont engage second gear. When ive looked at the clutch for the second gear all seems fine, the spring loaded clutch arm is there and i can manually pull it out easily. the bb, spring and grub screw are all in place. ive even tried loosening the grub screw so it will engage at lower rpm but still nothing. There is a steel dish on the second gear itself which the clutch arm is supposed to expand out into and therefor engage the gear, but what is confusing me is a pin located in this dish. im not sure if the person who had it before me has put the clutch on the wrong way round on the shaft because one way the clutch arm will just rub agaist the pin and the other way it would hit the side of the pin and engage that way. which way is correct? i really hope this makes sence, lol its hard to explain. any help would be much appreiciated, thanks in advance.