• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone near Peterborough?

DeadMeatUK

Hi All,

Above says it all... Is the any Bashers that meet up? Finding it a bit boring on my own. Although I have 4 friends at work that have Savage's and other similar trucks, but have only been able to get together once! I have a 1/8 nitro short course

Nice bash in Cambridge if it's within traveling distance for you. we usually start around 11AM on the chosen day. Trying to make then at least twice a month but feel free pop along.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just been looking through the link... quite a drive for flat grass, but would like to meet up with new faces to get some tips. I've only had a Nitro for 2 months and not used it much.

im in wisbech , not been into nitro long myself . get bored by myself too :whistling:

got 2 x acme monster t 1 with 2 speed box other single speed,

mardave maruader but dont like using it as father in law and got lump around car battery etc

and also a xtm x cellerator

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Above says it all... Is the any Bashers that meet up? Finding it a bit boring on my own. Although I have 4 friends at work that have Savage's and other similar trucks, but have only been able to get together once! I have a 1/8 nitro short course

where about's in Peterborough are you fella?

I'm in happy Yaxley! we have a small skate park (that I'm yet to try) my mates from work go to the skate park HERE but our meets seem to always conflict with either shifts, weather, and personal commitments.

Where about are you? Do you have a favorite bash spot?

that link takes me to the BMX track in Orton, is that where you guys meet up? its only a 15min walk from my house :) i go there most weekends with my lads and have a good bash about lol

We might be going on Saturday, will know more nearer the time?

But we go there will be four of us and my son with a 1/10 truck.

Ofcourse, all depends if they have a race on or not?

same here, once they get a bit more experienced with the electric trucks then will let them have a go on mine lol.

probs meet you at the weekend then fella depending on the weather lol

Good time had by all at the BMX track today. I highly recommend it :thumbsup: The Boy drove the HPI with TXT-1 body straight into the puddle lake! in the first 5 seconds :36_11_13[1]: the only part not submerged was the back lights, kinda worked on and off but then packed up altogether :sadwalk:

The Ansmann SC held up really well, the only problem was my bad driving sending it into a massive barrel roll pulling the exhaust connector off :whistling: That's the second time it's happened... and the last as I will be making a better support to hold it in place.

Still taking the ramps too slow but slowly gaining confidence to hit them faster :yes:

Thanks for coming Swingy will definitely do it again...soon :yes:

got some footage of your barrel rolls lol

once i have sorted out the problem i seam to have developed with the steering on my savage and the gear shift then it will be ready for the next time if not will either bring my other savage out or my 1/5 out for a bash lol

nice to have met you all though was a good afternoon's bashing :thumbsup: definitely meeting up with you 3 again :yes:

Hi peeps. I'm in wisbech too. Well, gore field actually. Orton's not too far for me to travel. I've git a hyper 7. Just for messing about. I'd love to come over one day next time you all meet up. Give me a shout next time, I work 4on 4 off so if I'm not working all come along:)

I can't make it Saturday, but please continue to use this Topic to arrange something yourself.

The track is absolutely awesome once you get the confidence to do the jumps. The problem I have is the track is very hard and not having experience with jumping it's a steep learning curve (pun intended!) when landing nose first onto the incline of the next hump. I'm amazed at how tough the Ansmann is :thumbsup:

hi

why dont you try adding yourself to my very little group anyone welcome, although we all live around spalding area and have a couple place that are great for bashing. always looking for more places as we have a big selction of car type from my 1/5 baja to 1/8 nitro's 1/10 stadium and mt's to 1/18th hpi's plus rock crawlers and a couple touring cars and drifters. we try to meet as much as posible on saturdays and sundays. we have people in the group that are begginers and we have people that have raced up to national level with knowlage running back to 1999-2000. so if you fancy meeting some easy going people which have a good time look up "lincs bashers" on facebook. i try to keep a eye out for good deals and give help to anyone in the group and i always have someone car in for repairs

chris