• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Tank Discussion Thread

.AJ.

AJ .... got a question about your 2.4Ghz upgrade set.

How easy was it to swap over? I can't help wondering if my Spektrum DX6i could be used to drive one of these things. I have a spare 6 channel RX unit.

Don;t know how many channels the gear you installed has or how it all hooks up.

Looks awesome AJ, just a quick hint about the waterslide decals, (i use a lot of the tricksy buggers in one of my other hobbies) if the finish of your paint is in the slightest bit rough the decals won't move/slide and you'll need to be super precise with the placement. A quick coat of gloss before you use them gives you a bit of movement allowing you to get them spot on then let 'em dry and matt top coat away.

:good:

AJ .... got a question about your 2.4Ghz upgrade set.

How easy was it to swap over? I can't help wondering if my Spektrum DX6i could be used to drive one of these things. I have a spare 6 channel RX unit.

Don;t know how many channels the gear you installed has or how it all hooks up.

Ive read about a interface you can get so you can hook up aftermarket radios to the RX18 MFU, the system ive got does away with the complete stock mfu, but the interface only gets rid of the 27mhz reciever board,

the stock system uses 6 channels

ill go find a link :thumbsup:

Just ordered my 'christmas present' ....

Getting a Panzer III

Also getting some 4:1 metal gearboxes for it and some closed pin metal tracks and metal sprocket/idler too

Will give me something to tinker with on Christmas day. Want to do a whole load of modding to this thing too.... starting with a conversion to a Panzer III N with short-barelled 75mm gun, plus stand off armour ( schurtzen ) and a whole load of detailing. Might even have a go at making a metal lower hull too. Some sheet ally and low temperature welding rods should do it....

It's quite a bit smaller than the Tiger II, but it's quite well modelled. I figured I would start small and work up :)

I want to see how far I can take it!

I fancy trying out the conversion to use my DX6, and from what I can gather, there is a recoil BB system being built which hopefully will be on sale soon. Looks very cool in operation!

thats gonna look the dogs mate

Got the bulldog for the same reason to upgrade convert my plan is to turn it into a copy of the bulldogs in "Full Metal Jacket"

but just got a bargain tigger i could not resist has been well painted and weathered but internals are totaliy shot

hmm...that's a thought.

Could see the scope for a military sub section of the forum. Would cover RC tanks, half tracks, trucks etc. If there is enough interest, then I can see it being worthwhile. somewhere for build tips, tricks of the trade and to show off projects.

• Like 3