• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Super glue the bumper back on, I've done it plenty of times.  Someone needs to start making and selling body mounts for a Pumpkin, as it gets expensive.

Built my new LB last night, well the chassis anyway. Have yet to decide on a colour and spray/build the body. Anyway, the kids loved it this morning, wheelying around the lounge with my son's batman figure sat in the sunroof!

Well after a riotous run out at lunch time i managed to roll the lunchbox so many times i eventually broke the front wheel, so ordered some chrome ones, been looking for an excuse to do this for a while so its all good!!

• Like 2

I broke the wheel after the camera was turned off and there were a lot more rolls off camera!!

I have to make an apology for my friends frankly poor recovery efforts about a minuit and a half in lol.

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

Well happy with the new shocks, much more solid on the ground and doesn't end up on its roof so often.

So far it has had.

Metal bearings (wheels and gearbox)

Fifth shock

New shocks

Sport tuned motor

Front and rear lights

4600 battery

Rubber bands on rear wheels. ( Ordered foam inserts ).#

Is the sport tuned motor much faster than stock?

toying with an upgrade.

Edited by myv8growler
  • Like 1

Quick question about the shocks on these...most aftermarket shocks seem to come with rod end type mounts whereas the lunchy has that strange bolt-through the chassis as the top. How do you mount oil filled shocks, do you have to modify them or buy a specific type?

Hi myv8growler, the sport tuned motor makes a fair differnce. The only thing now is i need foam inserts to stop the tyres spinning on the wheels. Have ordered some as i'm not keen on gluing them on.