• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Here is an interesting one, in Feb this year the following Tamiya is due for release,

Pic courtesy of Modelsport

58557.jpg

It is referred to as the CW-01 Chassis. Looks very similar to the Lunchbox /MP chassis to me, could it be that this is the Tamiya designation of this chassis??

Enjoy

Nito

Yer as long as its over 13t whats the point when it cost more to buy when you can just get a good brushed motor....

People just fit brushless combos to the lb/mp to look cool you dont get any more out of its waste of time sports turn brushed motor is good enough..... ;)

Like I said it's not a traxxas slash what's the point of wasting money when you can get a very good brushed motor and it's cheaper...

If the lb could handle any thing under 10t then it would be worth it but it can't it's only for abit of fun it's not a rocket.....

If it was with doing I would of been the 1st to do it lol

Iv got a brushed motor what will keep with any brushless lb/mp on youtube cos you can't full pelt the lb why it's brushless as it will just destroy the gear box and i can go lower turns as the brushless motors are to poweful...

Just stick with a good brushed motor...

For those with a standard ESC would you still recommend brushed? IE changing ESC and Motor?? or getting a cheap brushless combo? (same price if not cheaper)?

from my experience brushed motors don't take to lipos nicely most of mine burnt out within 3 mins use, jason your axle broke due to stair jumping did with truck, mine has 4000kv 2s done 14 packs gearbox casing & gears perfectly fine just wheelie bar lost wheel an grinded down bar now :P

done some hard cartwheels at speed an axle hasn't broke which was my fear but nowt has happened, don't get whats with this scare monkering with brushless power?

Edited by R46
  • Like 1

nito. thats the wr-02 chassis whats the same as the vw camper and that new tractor

no scare mongering with brushless its just a 20+ year old design, if its a early lunchbox the plastics are hard and more likely to break, moderm plastics are stronger as long as you dont go silly with the brushless and ballrace the gearbox you should be fine with the 10t pinion as its geared for torque rather than speed

jason landed his on 1 wheel and the wheely bar and cracked the g.box case

nito. thats the wr-02 chassis whats the same as the vw camper and that new tractor

no scare mongering with brushless its just a 20+ year old design, if its a early lunchbox the plastics are hard and more likely to break, moderm plastics are stronger as long as you dont go silly with the brushless and ballrace the gearbox you should be fine with the 10t pinion as its geared for torque rather than speed

jason landed his on 1 wheel and the wheely bar and cracked the g.box case

bad landing nowt to with motive power tbh...

mine is orignal :sweatdrop: is ballraced an going 19t pinion + 3s :yes: let the fun commense :tank:

Edited by R46
  • Like 1

Flash,

The WR02 is different, that's a shorter version of the WR01, or at least based on a similar concept as the WR01. Note the front bumper as used on the Wild Willy II, Camper and tractor. Look at the battery mount position, the CW-01 looks to be the LB chassis to me.

image004.jpg

btw, I run a 9T equiv 4300kv Brushless with no seeming issues yet although early days. I'm suprised by how well the chassis is coping handling wise although one rear tyre keeps balooning and the tyre is coming off the rim every few minutes. I'm sure if I glue it it'll react very differently, think I'm spinning power away at the moment!! Will have to try with my new A-Team wheels!

Regards

Nito

Edited by NITO

Iv had 2s lipos on my brushed esc for ages and not burnt out it flys with what I run....

14T sports tune motor and a 12t esc and 2s lipos goes like made does my nut when it flips all the time so it's just right..... ;)

Mine landed on the wheelie bar that's why it cracked......

Brushless just messes up the g box but that's me go for it if your happy with it but Every brushless lb iv seen has been slow so no point If you ask me.......

I paid

Edited by jason3249

Iv had 2s lipos on my brushed esc for ages and not burnt out it flys with what I run....

14T sports tune motor and a 12t esc and 2s lipos goes like made does my nut when it flips all the time so it's just right..... ;)

Mine landed on the wheelie bar that's why it cracked......

Brushless just messes up the g box but that's me go for it if your happy with it but Every brushless lb iv seen has been slow so no point If you ask me.......

I paid

So the little spring clips on my sons LB broke today and was thinking about the 5th shock mod instead of replacing them when I noticed my LB has Screws into the plastic.

2013-01-07200425_zpsf1d84583.jpg

My Lunchbox handles well enough and suspension seems fine, are there any pro's/cons to doing this??

Cheers

was that new from shop?

esc using in (had mine 1.5 year been used with 3s in my rs2, 2s in M03 mini, solid unit for little money)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=31780

motor got on special offer, so set up using cost me 23 to my door :yes:

Lol I did the same to my m03 and yep let it go cheap but if it works for you go for it bit I'm sticking with my old school brushed motor lol.... ;)

Hello,

Finally my bearings arrived this morning but I am still waiting on the rest of the parts. A slight spanner in the works: the shop I ordered my Ansmann shocks informed me that Ansmann is closing down end of January and they cannot source any more stock from them. This gives me the opportunity to look around for alternative shocks. Can anyone recommend any other options?

I saw these:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-alu-dampers-85mm-1-10-2-/rc-car-products/369644

(also in 75mm for the front)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

Lol I did the same to my m03 and yep let it go cheap but if it works for you go for it bit I'm sticking with my old school brushed motor lol.... ;)

funny that brought 10 of them not one has failed yet an mine is oldest, what motor was you running on it?

disco45

have you done 5th shock mod? absima are my choice of shocks for model, some use traxxas slash big bores

there plenty of shocks about the right size i use selections web on ebay fastrax also do the same shocks with different rate springs as an option part 75mm are FAST166 and 85mm are FAST167 put -H,-M or -S on the end of them codes for the springs

nito, its the wr02 just a different front end/bumper its all the same chassis,wr01 is the longer chassis as seen in the blackfoot extreem, twin detonator and wild dagger, the wild willy willis is based on it own chassis, the re-release of the wild willy 2 is on the wr02 chassis same as the camper, the way the shocks mount is the way to id the chassis

check out tamiya base and/or Tamiya club reference section

Edited by flash22
  • Like 1

disco45

have you done 5th shock mod? absima are my choice of shocks for model, some use traxxas slash big bores

I am planning the 5th shock mod and purchased a pair of Reely 75mm shocks from Conrad in Germany. I think I will plump for the Absimas. Thanks.

Disco,

I bought 75mm Absima's for my 5th shock, I really wanted to like these and was impressed for the first couple of minutes, until I compressed it a couple of times and the retaining clip came out of one and it spewed oil everywhere. I can't get the clip back in now, really disappointed, luckily I only needed the one for the 5th shock and so far that one has held up so it may have been a bad one but nevertheless not sure how good a design this retaining clip is!!

Flash,

The unimog is a CW-01 chassis, it says in all the literature. Look at the pics I posted on the previous page of the mog, it looks just like the LB chassis from the bumper, battery mount and shocks. If so, that would make the LB chassis a CW-01!!

The wr02 is the camper, willy 2 and tractor thing. The WR02 is an evolution of the WR-01, but totally different and shorter, and yes as you say the WR01 is used in the twin motor hunter/dagger and 2wd WT01 blackfoot extreme/III chassis.

Regards

Nito

Looks cool, I'd keep it as a pumpkin. My first rc came from beatties with one of them bags.

My sport tuned motor turned up today and it flies! In to a fence and snapped the head off my steering servo :( oh well, I've got a spare so it'll be running again soon.