• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can you put new wire on a mmm 2200kv motor

Dan Garf

you can disassemble the back plate of the motor and solder a New wire directly to the end of the windings in the motor...

But i wouldn't bother... Every castle motor i have ever owned has broken insulation right at the base... Just seems to be the way it goes... Especially on the white wire... Usually i heat shrink over the affected area and its good as New :)

+1 on heatshrink just slide some over the bullet end and put it as close as possible to the plastic block and should be good as new you dont have to cover all of it below the block as the block will do the same job

Get some plastidip / liquid tape and paint it over the exposed part of the wire to insulate it.

As for using different insulation; then people would complain the wires are too stiff and that they can't route the wires the way they want- you can't win. I think most people are happy with flexible wires & softer insulation- the trick is to plan the layout of your model and rotate the motor so that the wires don;t go through any sharp bends or double-back on themselves to reach the esc, that way the insulation isn't being stretched and won't get worn through. Repeatedly removing the motor and/or swapping it into other models will wear out the insulation much more quickly too.