• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what is the best speed run brushless motors

arogon1235

what are the best speedrun motors out there?

If you want to go fast you need a higher kv motor or you can keep the same motor and just increase your pinion gear size or you can increase the size of your spur.most people change their pinion gear its much more simple to do.

so what is the best speed run motor?

well in my opinion there is 3 contenders

novaks 3.5t 9000kv sensored motor

castle creations cm63 9000kv motor.they don't sell this motor anymore/ hard to find

sirius 9000kv Sensorless motor. availible at msuk.

to work out what lipo you want to use you have to do a simple equation:

get the battery pack voltage and x it by the motor kv number this will give you the rpm of the motor

so if i had a 11.1v pack and a 9000kv motor it would be like this

11.1v x 9000kv= 99,900rpm

Except that all of those motors won't actually work with 3s (Well the Novak and the Speed Passion don't for sure) because the rotor can't survive such high rpms for long. They shake themselves to pieces. The 2.5t isn't even really meant to be used with 2S! Its designed for 5 NiMH (6V) use, or 1S lipo.

The proper solution is to use a lower kV motor, more cells and a massive final drive, so that the internal speed of the motor is not too high.

Except that all of those motors won't actually work with 3s (Well the Novak and the Speed Passion don't for sure) because the rotor can't survive such high rpms for long. They shake themselves to pieces. The 2.5t isn't even really meant to be used with 2S! Its designed for 5 NiMH (6V) use, or 1S lipo.

The proper solution is to use a lower kV motor, more cells and a massive final drive, so that the internal speed of the motor is not too high.

Get a castle/ sirius 1717 and gear it to the moon!

just increase your pinion gear size or you can increase the size of your spur.

Increasing the pinion gear would be correct, but you would decrease the size of the spur for more speed, not increase.

yeah or i could iust do tht but i have seen 1 person run hes on 4s heres the link

yeah or i could iust do tht but i have seen 1 person run hes on 4s heres the link

Just so you know GPS units on rc cars are not accurate at all.

Someone on here, wont mention names because its funny, ran a hyper and got 112mph on a GPS via his phone.

He then ran it at the rossa event (with a faster setup) and got 88mph

This thread is meaningless without stating what vehicle the motor is for- you can't exactly run these little motors in say, an Emaxx or 1/8 buggy/truggy.

The best solution however is indeed to run a lower kv and higher voltage- that way you make the power with volts rather than amps, since it is amps which produce the heat which kills the motor, esc and batteries too ultimately.