• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My 1st drift shell ** FINISHED**

:: blade ::

as some of you may no, i have slowly been turning my old Tamiya TL-01 chassis into a drift beast, couldnt really have a focus doing the drifting could we, so i bought a S15 shell from R2 Hobbies, so here are the pics of the slow progress i will be making :)

the shell :)

DSC06772.jpg

it came with a few bits, 2 spoilers, wing mirrors, front and rear light buckets, wipers

DSC06773.jpg

finally masked part of it today

DSC06792.jpg

DSC06793.jpg

the plan is, carbon fibre bonnet and boot lid, gloss black roof, metallic white body will be spraing the light buckets matte black too. I have the black and white spray on order so should recieve them soon, just need a few more bits to buy then i can carry on with the build :)

thats it for now

Edited by :: blade ::

recieved my paint today, but i buggard up thinking the white i was getting was metallic, i was wrong, need to get another can of transparent silver to start then spray the white to make it metallic :( so the painting of the shell will be on hold now till the end of the month till i can get some pennies to get some more

heres my progress for today anyway :)

DSC06795.jpg

dsc06796n.jpg

dsc06797vq.jpg

DSC06798.jpg

its abit rough around the edges, as i used a stanley knife, not a scalpel, but considering ive not done it for about 8yrs i think ive done well :D:P as you can see, i now have a working bonnet vent and the front bumper has been chopped :)

Edited by :: blade ::

• 5 months later...

well not updated this in a while, but i bought the spray and stuff to do the carbon bonnet, roof and boot, but lost half or it somehow, but still got the black and white spray and the metallic spray so will carry on with it, will try and get the metallic spray on tonight and mask off the white bits ready for the black to go on tomorrow

well the shell is pretty much finished now all thats needed is some stickers to finish the drift look and fit my light buckets but need to spray them black first

pics carried on from the last

got some leak through from my failed masking but not a bad overall job considering it was rushed :)

DSC07231_zps032ffa9b.jpg

DSC07235_zps9f1370fb.jpg

DSC07240_zps785408ea.jpg

DSC07237_zps58f19089.jpg

here are my finished pics

DSC07246_zpse64a944e.jpg

DSC07246_zpse64a944e.jpg

DSC07251_zps4993dcfa.jpg

with wingmirrors

DSC07252_zps5aafc3a5.jpg

DSC07254_zps0c87e21a.jpg

glad you like :) will update with more as soon as i have some spare money for some more stickers to cover up my mistakes and make it more like a drift car, will also be looking at getting my second shell to spray aswell, will need to think what to get yet tho :)