• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

G'Day everyone!

williams

hey all, a long time ago when i was 12ish i think, i got a tamiya mini cooper it was great, i enjoyed the build and then racing it around the streets i went to the local rc club 'Frodsham' a few times and for some reason i cant remember i stopped? couple a years ago got rid of all my stuff and that was it until a week ago i bought a schumacher supastox got the bug again it's built now and the shell is sprayed not the best job but it ok :)

tu7e9ade.jpgy2a6u2ug.jpg2ymutary.jpg

radio: Etronix, Pulse 2ch 2.4ghz savymyva.jpg

moter + esc: Etronix Photon sbs 2.0 brushless y6uru9ym.jpg

battery: Core-rc 3.7v 25c/50c 3200 mAHr lipo 11.8Wh

egume8az.jpg

charger: Core-rc UAC-50

Thats all my gear ready to go but theres a few problems i got that i need simple answers to because i aint the sharpest tool in the

box, any help would be appreciated:)

-what do i charge the battery at for best results and how long

-how long does a fast charge take for that battery

-last question when i full throttle it cuts of and i have to set the receiver back up, its fine as long as i keep it below 100% throttle not sure if its cheap radio and receiver?

Welcome. Best to balance charge @ 1C, which would be 3700 (mah) divided by 100 = 3.7A and would take 1 hour. Fast charge quicker, but won't balance cells. If the battery is rated for a higher charge rate like 2C, you could charge @ 7.4A, but the maximum charge that the charger can output is 6A anyway. You could get charge time down to about 30 min perhaps on a 6A fast charge, but doing this regularly will reduce the lifespan of the battery.

Thanks for the battery info when I looked into it I felt my self getting even more confused but it is basic at the end off day,

didn't think u could balance charge 1cell battery it hasn't got the balance lead harness anywhere on it

Thanks for the battery info when I looked into it I felt my self getting even more confused but it is basic at the end off day,

didn't think u could balance charge 1cell battery it hasn't got the balance lead harness anywhere on it

Correct, i think some incorrect advice has been given.

Its 3200mah so just charge it at 3.2amps at 1s or 3.7v setting. That will charge it in roughly an hour.

Some lipos can be charged at more than 1C (3.2a in this case) but never charge over what the lipo can take. It usually says on the back what the maximum charge rate is. Also, it depends what the maximum output of your charger is. I would guess its around 5-6a.

3.2a will be fine for a normal charge. If the battery can take more than 1C, maybe 2C for example anything under 6.4a will but fine, but charging at a 1C rate is likely to be a bit healthier on the lipo :)

Also, welcome to the forum :D

Sorry, my bad. For some reason I had a 2S 3700mah in my head!

• 5 months later...