• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rally

Pingman

I have a TT01 that I set up for rally use. It saw some success when campaigned against TL01s, TB02s and the like. Haven't used it in ages though, as it is literally on the other side of the world at the moment. Hope it'll arrive around Christmas, at which point I'll be looking for like-minded people to race in the East Midlands.

rccars021.jpg

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

the Nitro rally cars are just insane, some hit over 70-80mph!

I have a Kyosho Subaru Impreza DBX, pretty sure it doesn't get any where near that kinda speed though :(

I have a TT01 that I set up for rally use. It saw some success when campaigned against TL01s, TB02s and the like. Haven't used it in ages though, as it is literally on the other side of the world at the moment. Hope it'll arrive around Christmas, at which point I'll be looking for like-minded people to race in the East Midlands.

rccars021.jpg

That looks sick.

I've got a DF-03RA waiting to be built for some proper rally action!

Seen loads on youtube, I much prefer the rally tracks though, as opposed to those mini stage rallys where the guys run behind their car looking like a muppet lol

Seen loads on youtube, I much prefer the rally tracks though, as opposed to those mini stage rallys where the guys run behind their car looking like a muppet lol

That's what has put me off getting one! I want to race my rc car around a track. Not run around after it. Seems to be a lack of support for these in the UK, as they don't have an actual race class for them as far as i'm aware..

What options are out there for rally models? I know if you go electric the possibilities are endless, however what Rally Nitro models are there to pick from? The HPI one is really overpriced...

Edited by TrickyTris

I reckoned the HPI product expensive....so I made my own.

RallyGame shell....Hyper 7 underneath....new bodymounts and a home brewed bumper/undertray...and she was good to go. Loads of fun to thrash about. Need some onroad wheels forthe 'tarmac stages' ....

That's what has put me off getting one! I want to race my rc car around a track. Not run around after it. Seems to be a lack of support for these in the UK, as they don't have an actual race class for them as far as i'm aware..

Yeah a decent track would be awesome.

I thought that off-road buggy tracks could be used but looking at videos of them on-line it looks like the jumps are too big for rally cars

What options are out there for rally models? I know if you go electric the possibilities are endless, however what Rally Nitro models are there to pick from? The HPI one is really overpriced...

These:

=239]http://www.modelsport.co.uk/rally/rc-nitro-models/rc-car-categories/9900/990015&MSAttributeID[85]=239

Can only talk from experience about the Kyosho DBX; I like it! :)