• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sweep UK Rug Racers 2012/2013

Quantra

This year's Sweep UK Rug Racers is getting close and it's geared up to be an epic one!

This year we will have the only Mardave one make winter series and just so the TC boys don't feel left out there will be new Sweep tyres designed and developed specifically for our high grip carpet. These new tyres are set to rock the indoor racing world, come and check them out at Rug Racers!

The event will again be held at Wodson Sports Centre Ware on our huge 34m x 16m Prima GT track hosted by the HRCC club. It would be great to see some MSUK forum guys n girls down for some racing.

Full details are on central booking and I am happy to answer questions about the series here.

Bring on another series of awesome racing and I hope to see you there!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice one! Let me know when you are coming down and I will arrange the pits so you can come and pit with us =D I'll also keep posting my set up sheets over in the on road section so you should have something to start with.

If anyone feels like travelling to us and making a weekend of it then please do. We have a club night on Friday 7pm - 11pm, Saturday evening is set up and practice for those who help set up 5:30pm - 11pm (or whenever we get kicked out) and then Sunday is Rug Racers from 7:30am - 5:30pm.

I am local to the area so if anyone wants to know about accomodation or places to eat or anything either ask here or send me a PM =]

• 4 weeks later...

It's coming up to that time again, round 4 is next Sunday the 6th Jan. It's set to be a spectacular with the 12th scale class picking up popularity it has been expanded to 2 heats and some 12th scale legends are booked in such as former world champion Dave Spashett. So even for non 12th scale racers these races are going to be ones to watch!

Also the touring car drivers are leaning towards the 17.5 blinky class with some drivers switching from 13.5 open for this growing class it too has been expanded to accommodate another heat. 13.5 open and GT12 are popular as ever and limited places remain in all classes. Head over to central booking to get booked in for round 4.