• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage xs or baja

naymo

After selling some gear i am lookkng to ad to my garage, but i did have my heart set on a savage xs rtr but i know of a baja i can get nearly new for not much more money. i have had a baja before but it rarely got run but i enjoyed the sheer size of it. As for the savage xs i aint had one yet the nitro's yeah but not an electric.

HELP me decide!

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

this is somthing you need to work out on your own.

its not like your asking which to get, a tiger or a leopard, generay the same animal so people can say the little differences.

what you got here is asking to choose from a lion and a mouse, very different things.

the only thing i could say myself is the savage xs, purly because you have had a baja before.

Two totally different beasts, about as far removed as two RCs could be.

I have an XS, it's a lot of fun, it's easy to use after you sort a few silly issues, and it's a bit mad.

I've never had a Baja, but seen them, and they also look like a lot of fun. Maybe just a bit less practical. You can't just run them anywhere as they're so noisy, whereas I can just throw a lipo in the XS, open the door, and run it up and down the street for a little bit.

I suppose you have to think of where and when you're going to run.

By 'Baja' I presume you're talking LargeScale - HPI or FG petrol.

These are user friendly, neighbour intolerant!

Long runtime. Easy maintenance. Not much goes wrong unless you're clumsy, unlucky, or a bit of both.

Savage XS, mmhh.

What about a MERV or Mini LST2? Something I've just not sure of with the mini 1/16 Savage.

Probably totally unfounded.

Al.

I suppose you have to think of where and when you're going to run.

By 'Baja' I presume you're talking LargeScale - HPI or FG petrol.

These are user friendly, neighbour intolerant!

Long runtime. Easy maintenance. Not much goes wrong unless you're clumsy, unlucky, or a bit of both.

Savage XS, mmhh.

What about a MERV or Mini LST2? Something I've just not sure of with the mini 1/16 Savage.

Probably totally unfounded.

Al.

Id be tempted by the mini Savage. I'd DEFFO stay well away from the MERV. Mine spent more time simply shredding itself to bits. Lousy RC....

Very surprised by that.

My MERV has done nothing but terrorise the locals, and be airborne more than it's on the ground.

BEST RC READY TO RUN BY FAR WITHOUT DOUBT - MERV!!

In fairness I'm hearing a lot of BAD PRESS of the MERV lately. Possibly like opening a new Restaurant?

Put better-quality-than-plan-to-routinely-serve food out to start, to get the custom, then bring the standard down to production-routine.

Mine is now nearly completely rebuilt with hop-ups, but it wasn't necessary.

Stock ESC - perfect.

Stock motor - perfect.

Stock servo - perfect.

Sad really.

Same apparently happened with Losi and the LST. NOBODY had any problems with the early ones, other than toughness, which was addressed in the LST2, and THAT in early form with blue anodised aluminium diff covers was THE BEST, then the next new ones started breaking, and the XXL has a slightly mixed press.

If you can get a MLST2 get that then!! I love my mini-Raminator. Good fun.

The MICRO - 1/36 (closer to 1/40+) is great fun, but BE GENTLE!

Al.