• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best place to get phoenix flight Sim?

How long did ur 12 in 1 take to be delivered... might get one as All I'm doing with my mcpx is braking it lol....gonna use Ihe sim to train on as I cant tame the bugger down what with me having a Dx4e....so can't tame it down untilll I get a better tx but want a sim in the mean time... gonna have to spend 20 on spares now just to get flying again haha...only had ten flights and all...

On a side note the Landing grear on the mcpx is no good I would upgrade to kbdd from the off if you guys ever get one...if u got one u will now what i Mean.

Edited by TheCollectiveAnt

Just had my 12 in 1turn up yesterday- took just over a week to arrive :yes: I must say I'm impressed and it works flawlessly- I do have a few questions though...

1. I cant seem to get the switches on my DX6i to work with it (for flaps,idle up etc)..I toggle them up and down on the calibration screen as per instructions but nothing seems to happen...any ideas? I have assigned the functions to the keyboard instead, but it would be nice to use the TX switches.

2. I loadad in realflight G5 to try...although it asks for a validation code..is there one hiding on the disk somewhere or can I not use this program for free?

All in all it's great though- I'm particularly enjoying the aircraft...for some reason though I can fly the more performance (pro) planes easier than the trainers! I really want to get my hands on a plane now :thumbsup: I find the blade 400 model in phoenix harder to fly than my real one though....odd.

How long did ur 12 in 1 take to be delivered... might get one as All I'm doing with my mcpx is braking it lol....gonna use Ihe sim to train on as I cant tame the bugger down what with me having a Dx4e....so can't tame it down untilll I get a better tx but want a sim in the mean time... gonna have to spend 20 on spares now just to get flying again haha...only had ten flights and all...

On a side note the Landing grear on the mcpx is no good I would upgrade to kbdd from the off if you guys ever get one...if u got one u will now what i Mean.

Might be worth investing

Yhea new tx, its first thing on my list....just need to get funds together and will buy a new tax asap.

Thanks for advice.

Are you going to get a DX6i? It's a good TX generally- although I think the build quality is shocking- I only have to look at mine and a switch or something falls off! I have got through 4 or 5 trim tabs- the ailaron switch fell off, oh and the aerial hinge snapped.... The trim tabs are a known weekness- they seem to have changed the design of them now though so there abit sturdier, I also saw someone selling there own home made trim tabs for sale on ebay- I think a chap started making them for his rc plane club because the members were fed up of replacing them! Anyway I know these TX's are built to a price point so I guess I can't complan as the sort of functionality you get is pretty amazing for the price. And maybe I'm just unlucky!

Thanks for that review... will check it out when it gets here....also have u tried the g5 one?

Can't seem to use G5 - it asks for a validation code..now unless theres one hiding on the disk some where (I can't find anything) you can't use it :sly:

I also have been playing with aerofly as well, which is really good...physics and graphics look nearly as good as Reflex- and the presentation is nearly as good as phoenix so I think A good all round sim- only thing that lets it down is the choice of models..you don't get specific named manufacturers models like the other two sims- however you can generally tell what the 'generic' models are supposed to represent.

I have also been downloading updates and extra models for these programs.

I can update phoenix to the latest version, but can't seem to get the extra models to load in..but did a google search and there does seem to be a fix I will try tonight- also think I know why I cant use my Dx6i switches now...you need to set up a blank model memory for both heli's and planes (even though sim says to use the heli setting)..then enable switches in TX settings.

you can download model and scenes for Reflex here http://www.rc-sim.de/cms/index.php/en you will need to register though, which only takes a few mins.

Edited by scrumpy jack

Playing about on the sims last night- thought I would have another look at Realflight G5...seems the validation codes are on the disk after all...I just didn't bother to look at the help file :whistling: after you enter all the codes i then says to activate using a code from the software developers....you don't need to do this just close the window and start the program :thumbsup: Unfortunatly though my computer spec is to say poor at the least, so wouldn't run it smoothly- even with the graphics options turned to minimum :sly: But it looks like a nice program and theres absolutly tonnes of models to fly (it's fully loaded with all the expansion packs) wish my computer was man enough to run it properly- it must be far more ram/processor hungry than the other sims.

Cool, what specs are u running as mine is not great ether tbh.

My computer is about 9 years old....I think it's 2.6 GHz processor and just over 1GB of ram- and it has a very old 128mb nvedia graphics card (that a kind fella gave to me tfrom this forum) All the sims run well (apart from G5) On phoenix I have just turned the water and smoke effects down a bit as these do slow up the system a lot! But If your PC is a bit more up to date than mine you should have no worries :thumbsup:

well i am enjoying pheonix,but found it hard to see,been useing binocklaur view,and now it no problem,but i cant get my dx6i,to reverse the throttle,rudder ect,i have got the esky controller to work,is as simple as just reverseing the channels on the dx6?

well i am enjoying pheonix,but found it hard to see,been useing binocklaur view,and now it no problem,but i cant get my dx6i,to reverse the throttle,rudder ect,i have got the esky controller to work,is as simple as just reverseing the channels on the dx6?

If you go to the 'your transmitter setting' in phoenix menu and click edit profile - you should then see your TX channels- theres a button that says advanced (I think) hit this and it opens a view where you can see all the channels and there's channel reverse boxes for each- tick or un-tick to reverse :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...